Videos 📹

No Man’s Sky Videographers!

Our journey continues with yet another sci-fi…

Guy asks for a ℞.—Doc says: “Dude, it ain’t writer’s block; It’s traveller's overwhelm!”

Diagnosis reads: “Gameplay, paintings, poems, music, spoilers, majestically bazaar, simplistic, probabilistic, soothing/sublime, adorably monstrous, dangerously cute, joint exploration, solo contemplation, popular, should be popular, probably a good reason not to be popular, that time when the game glitched and ProcGen melted before you as you watched your 16 cohorts be catapulted into dual singularity, Mother Atlas and her Sentinel Minions, ok I made all that up myself :face_with_hand_over_mouth:, just simple stuff and whatever…”—Dr. Crim | ℞ reads: “Creative Sub-Category

Purge thy Sanity!

May the force be with thy trigger finger :selfie:

5 Likes
7 Likes

Yeah, these are ‘CITIES’ in a relative sense. After all, Mos Eisley was in fact a city. :city_sunrise:

Granted, these just no do have the overall appearance of what many players have in mind when using the term ‘city.’ So it makes sense that Sean Murray ever so carefully describes these as ‘villages’ or ‘towns.’ And a vastly inhabited universe needs that, it just makes sense really. Right? So these are gorgeous, they’re rustic and sprawling procedural ‘settlements.’ They harken back to our early ancestors, the great settlers of ancient times. It’s a simple life, but a hard life, on the wild frontiers.

These beautiful towns harness the very essence of what NMS is all about, survival.

❛THE CITY UPDATE?❜ — Well, it is a question, really. Could sci-fi futuristic cities of massive buildings with super tall rooms and interconnecting corridors be enabled in our procedural NMS? Would thriving space ports and bustling cities on a large-scale level break the very foundations of which our game is built upon? Or could it be optimized in such way as our newfound ‘towns?’ So I’m not going to write off ‘cities.’ — I’ll say, "Ah yes, now that is to come later. And then we shall have supermassive urban cities, smaller towns and bases to call home, and businesses thriving, or failing, and even… space tacos." :taco:

After all, according to Sean…

❝We’re excited for what it allows us to do in future❞ :eyes:

3 Likes

Mindboggling, @Kyle-Culver :clap:

Obviously…

We run so fast we only see the flowers, and never think to consider a single one. :sunflower:

“And we have created a tv series…”

6 Likes
6 Likes

Hello Games sponsored my video! It premieres at 6pm Central time tonight!

10 Likes

What a pleasant surprise! Congrats @MacForADay ! :hugs:

2 Likes

:fireworks::fireworks::fireworks:

Superb, @MacForADay :confetti_ball: ❛HERE, TAKE MY FIREWORKS, TOO❜ !!!

@Captain-Steve-NMSA was sponsored, as well. :thinking: I wonder who else?

7 Likes

Also sponsored LZ

7 Likes

Also sponsored Khraze

UPDATE…

Also a Twitch streamer.

nms drops enabled

Kay’s description: “Today’s stream is sponsored by Hello Games! Check out information about this round of drops at the link in the picture above!” Twitch Drops - No Man's Sky - Hello Games

Click for his Twitch.

And from what I can tell, I think that’s it, 4 video creators and 1 Twitch streamer. What an honor to be a chosen one, to be one of such a very select few. I feel like this and details are leading to a very big 4.0. :thinking:

7 Likes

They just barely approved mine yesterday after I had to change the video once. Likely there are other creators waiting for approval. We aren’t allowed to say we are getting sponsored until after we are approved.

They also sponsored Call Me Kevin’s Twitch stream of NMS

6 Likes

Sounds to me like they’re giving recognition to community creators in celebration of NMS’ fifth birthday (and get some advertisement in return, obviously).

5 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes

Yeah, that would be a big mistake. Unfortunately, probably 100% of players were curious! What now? :man_shrugging: Hopefully 99% of all players who made this mistake thought to reload. HG, start preparing a workaround.

1 Like

There will be more of those overrides, I’m sure…

2 Likes

Yeah but… How can you know for certain? Could just be an ‘Expeditions Exclusive’ reward. :sweat_smile:

I’m just having fun here!

1 Like

The workaround is called the next big update

5 Likes
6 Likes