V1.38 Bug reporting

:scream: There are already 18 quintillion planets! Stop or I will NEVER make it to the centerā€¦just kidding :grin:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve only been able to repeat the final part - where you put the Heart of the Sun in the pillar, and birth a new star. It seems I can do that as many times as I like, and my Heart of the Sun doesnā€™t get consumed.

Looking back through my screenshots, I think I know whatā€™s going on now. Itā€™s been mentioned by other people, but I didnā€™t fully understand it. It comes from an earlier section on the Atlas Path - this one:

The Atlas Path continues after that section, but from that point on, the Atlas is waiting for you to perform a reset. And until you do, the Atlas Path quest canā€™t finish - so it remains open.

are you not interested in find out what happens?
are you not going to let the Atlas perish?
are you not going to let Emily take over?
come on what ya waiting for?

1 Like

Push the button!!! Take a chance ā€¦what could go wrong? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Infamous last wordsā€¦

Ohhhhh. So the atlas mission is waiting for the artemis mission to finish. Sadly, I canā€™t get back to where you choose a galaxy anymore, so I canā€™t ā€œpush the buttonā€ even if I want to.

1 Like

This my be a feature not sure,
But when using the portal ā€¦
I put in a good know address ā€¦ when through and the planet was correct
But when activated the game showed coordinate error?
Anyone else this issue.
BTW - went from edge to home base planet with portal. Could not call ship?

Yep. No way to call ship from other side of portal. There is a way to relocate to the portal addressā€¦at least until that is patched. I think thereā€™s a video on the video thread, but if I remember the steps rightā€¦if you want to relocate: create signal booster, locate habitable base (You may need to check for a base a couple times to find a close one) go to base, claim home planet, go back to portal, craft save point, save game, reload saveā€¦portal should reopen. Go back, fly to station, go to home base. I did it once, on PS4, v 1.35.

lol, wow what a procedure, I use the address of my base planet in the same galaxy to see what would happen. I could see the icon for my base, I could not call my ship or freighter.
So at this time the portalā€™s are nice but have no functionality for the game.

1 Like

Yeah, itā€™s a lot of steps, but takes a lot less time than jumping 680,000+ light years. After the reset I went from about 80K light years out, to almost 700K, I figured I was due one cheat. lol

From what I understand, HG doesnā€™t want you to be able to use portals to get to center, merely to look around/explore, thus why you canā€™t call your ship. I donā€™t know if they will work on blocking the work-around, or eventually allow travelers to use portals to move bases, etc. I guess weā€™ll see in future releases.

Ha ha! Critters stuck running up and down inside this rock!

2 Likes

PC - 1.35: Just reported an issue with the Marker Hud leaving a trail of pixels near the bottom of the screen, which happens to me on every resolution and window mode. These pixels have the same color as the Markers and move along as you rotate around. I have a Inno3D iChill GTX 770 HerculeZ (4gb) on a 1280x1024 monitor. Has anyone else noticed the same?

1 Like

PC - 1.35: Reported as a bug as this used to be possible. No longer able to sell items directly from ship inventory, besides when in a Space Station. Any other ā€˜tradeā€™ location, with ship in range or even on a Landing Pad, no longer allows to sell from ship inventory. I hope this was not done on purpose to limit the amount of items to sell, as inventory slots carry less.

When leaving one system trough terminus, in order to claim base else where - leave your former home system via space station and not base terminus.

Otherwise it will stay on terminus list as a trap.

Returning to that old system will throw you to the unclaimed base with inactive terminus and calling for ship will most probably not be available, due to ship is too far away.

I have noticed this for a while. However I did not realize it matched the markers.

1 Like

Iā€™m in the same boat. Can activate pillars, insert heart of the sun, birth a star, recieve my heart of sun back, get no rememberance recipe :slight_smile: Some day, some day Iā€™ll be able to read all that lovely lore on the rememberance terminal. Until then, I believe the ā€œFriends of the Space Whaleā€ and ā€œThe Farmers of Lubricantā€ (canā€™t remember actual name, but I love that community nod SO much!) have more tasks theyā€™d like me to complete,

I had this same bug pre-1.3 on PC, I havenā€™t played on PC since 1.3 landed so not sure if still present but I reckon it is, def a GPU issue, Iā€™m on Nvidia GTX 960 (or 980? Ialways forget! XD), happens on my 1080p HDTV and my 18" PC monitor, regardless of resolution as well.

1 Like

I had mine without finishing Atlas quest so i believe i depends more of Artemis one, after purge and made your choice.

My wife was able to read those terminals without the remembrance in Creative Mode.

3 Likes

I have sent this in.

Has happen several times.
While flying in impulse mode the cockpit starts flashing red and I start taking damage.
Stopping impulse mode stops the damage being taken.
Re-engage impulse and continue flying.

Agreed. On PS4, same thing. Itā€™s seems the asteroids are pounding on you. Perhaps its to stop you wandering off to put the kettle on while pulsing across the system, (like I do). It actually makes sense that you need to be cautious of asteroids while pulsing but I liked it better when you could just zip through.
I do like that you can just keep on flying and scuttle off if pirates cut your pulse drive.