'Upgrade' pop up window constantly coming up

Its beyond annoying.

I don’t even have any item upgrades to install.

Especially, when I’m trying to do something in construction view because I have to press circle to get rid of the pop up window which backs me out of whatever iwas placing in construction mode.

Is anyone else having this issue?

5 Likes

Yes.
It turned out to be a module it wanted me to instal in the main inventory.
Installed it and the prompt stopped harassing me.

5 Likes

I have been experiencing this too and shall try that solution. I didn’t start a new save so perhaps, if it is a bug, it isn’t really a bug, but is something I might not have noticed if I had started a new game from complete from scratch.

2 Likes

Mine’s an older save and it didn’t start until I began working on the base electrics.
I eventually discovered that there was a module flashing slightly in my stuffed inventory. Fixed the issue after about half an hour of frustratingly popping up.

3 Likes

I wish I was that lucky.

I’ve triple checked and I have no available upgrades.

This didn’t happen when I started a new save, its only happening on my 120+ hour save.

2 Likes

Which message are you receiving? I am on an old save and as soon as I finished all of the new electrical related quests, I stopped receiving all pop-ups. I just leave my quest set to The Atlas Path.

1 Like

Same for me.

Also…I’m certain I didnt have a module to instal (like you) and then one just popped up.
Using that logic, maybe you could simply do whatever it is asking for, even if it means deleting something, then maybe it will register and leave you alone. Worth a try…

The same problem is being discussed in a thread on Steam

3 Likes

Thanks so much for that - based on what they were saying, I went to my base and summoned all my ships and went through their inventories. One module there, deleted. Next I did the same with all my exocraft, again one module and again deleted. Haven’t had the popup since!

4 Likes

I recently had a pop up in a new save wanting me to install an upgrade for my mining laser. I had no room for it and no money for a larger multi-tool. I simply deleted the upgrade module and that allowed me to move on with the next mission.
This was part of the Apollo mission where he wanted me to upgrade my equipment.

4 Likes