Working solution to farm living ships’ upgrades [Euclid]

Hi! The approach below allowed to collect all upgrades‘ types in needed amounts within hours of play.

Video of the process, made by reddit user Sarcoth.

1. in Euclid go to the system:

1. save and reload on space station, then exit and pulse for about 30 seconds in any direction.

If you meet a trader at this point - just stop, ignore and resume pulsing. On PC and PS4, when there were several players in the system, this increased chance of a trader spawn before first egg. I‘ve never saw traders, when was alone in the system.

1. get first alien singing egg with upgrade and wait for 10 seconds (otherwise second egg may fail to spawn).

2. pulse for another 10-15 seconds and get second alien egg with upgrade.

3. return to space station and repeat save and reload and other steps until happy with results.

At the moment space encounters events are seemingly predefined by a system‘s seed and timer is reset each time with save&reload or warp out & warp in.

Upgrades’ classes are ‘fixed‘ for this system. For example neural modules are always of class c and grafted eyes are either a or s.

On experimental brach it is possible to evolve upgrades for nanites by clicking and holding on installed module.

At the moment all upgrades’ types are spawned in this system and it is possible to just get all of them in one place regardless of class and evolve to s class later.

Check out this video on how to evolve modules and respective cost.

Hope HG will release that evolving modules for nanites functionality to live patch soon.

Also posted on reddit.

11 Likes

@zeff013: I have changed the category to ‘NMS Beyond’.

Interesting test results for this upgrade mechanic. I am sure we’ll figure out all the details soon enough. I have personally been having some bad RNG when it comes to Space Egg spawns.

3 Likes

Many thanks!

Option to evolve seems to be available on the Public branch - but I haven’t tried it so I don’t know if it works.

4 Likes

It would hilarious, if on 2.31 live it would work free of charge, because that’s how it looks like on experimental:

1 Like

Right now Evolve (in Public) only installs the tech - doesn’t not increase the Class.

And when tech is installed, is there an option to evolve?

2 Likes

Not that I see.

Had not realized that the Upgrade Eggs only come in four varieties. However these varieties Evolve into many different Tech - so don’t do what I did and delete the duplicate Upgrade Eggs.

2 Likes

Looks like the odds for each of the 6 possible tech upgrades with Space Egg encounters are as follows:

Class Chance %
Normal / C 55
Rare / B 30
Epic / A 20
Legendary / S 10 except Shield Upgrade being 5
6 Likes

Didn’t have any before. Now have these.

6 Likes

I just want to know if there is a type that increases living ship storage capacity. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Would like to get that one as well. But not sure it does exist.

1 Like

Maybe using an Augmentation at the Space Station? But not past 30 for the Storage Sacs or past 28 for the Organ Chamber.

1 Like

‘Can’t augment living being.’
‘Can’t salvage living being.’

So if one decides to ‘salvage’ a living ship - will have to manually strip all upgrade nodes from them and trade in for a small amount of money in exchange for a metal can.

8 Likes

Welcome to the forum! I have no idea what you posted :smile:. Anyway, hope you post again soon.
There is supposed to be new upgrades for the Living Ships. Would be nice to have a list under a summary tab.

Do you mean that there are new upgrades, which came with the exomech patch?

1 Like

No, there’s new upgrades coming with the next update.

2 Likes

Still works in 3.01

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. I figured I’d add a nice time saving tip.
If no other PC freighters are in the system and you can summon yours, instead of having to do a save reload, as soon as you get that second egg, do a 1 second pulse to get away from the space anomaly spot.
The system freighters and frigates will show up right after your third pulse, so turn to the left and do another 1 second pulse to get far enough away from them so you can summon your freighter and then teleport to the station. This resets the system just like a save/reload and save you the time of going back to the station and reloading.
With this method you can do a run getting both upgrades in 2-3 minutes allowing you get at least 40 upgrades an hour.
Enjoy,

Daeomyn

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Daeomyn

2 Likes

To add up to this, it still works and thanks all for the guide.

It seems that the encounters have a fixed point in space, atleast for me.

So if I go left of space station entrance when I exit I only get 1 egg + random encounters. If I go right I always get 2 eggs. If someone can confirm this would be great.

4 Likes