Living Ships

As suggested, a thread specifically for all things regarding the Living Ships. Any info can be asked and answered here to keep the threads organized.

4 Likes

Is the skin colour like a chameleon (it mirrors the sky or ground)?

4 Likes

Like this one of us visiting the Atlas

Skin must be highly reflective

5 Likes

:open_mouth: Woah, yup, that’s a test of that theory right here. I tried it on two planets and it had the colours of the sky, clouds, and ground.

PS: wondering if some have fixed colours and some are chameleons? In Reddit so many write they found specific colours. On the other hand, e.g. that one pic of the white organic ship was taken on a snowy planet…

5 Likes

When landing on a space station or in my freighter, mine is a light brown/orange and cream. Fall colors.

4 Likes

Once you have hatched your beautiful starchild, pulse jet around space and watch for these

upgrades I have found so far

10 Likes

Looking for one I like.

13 Likes

Full guide made by Xaine’s World (YouTube)

9 Likes

New hatchlings

8 Likes

Now I’m wondering if some of these ancient bones are from these ships. I don’t remember seeing bones quite like these nor quite so large before this update:

Anyone have a clue?

7 Likes

We had a good laugh about the internals of the new Living Ships the other day on Discord. :tongue: :laughing:

6 Likes

Very rare invisible hatchling.

9 Likes

I had that bug as well and I couldn’t get the ship, so I had to reload back to before I got the egg :confused: was pain in the a**. I really hope they fixed that error by now.

Anyone know’s a workaround when you meet this bug?

5 Likes

I flew to a different system but apparently it was too close and I didn’t get the option to reset the mission. Did a Portal jump and then could reset it.

5 Likes

Finally after what seemed like a marathon orienteering saga across the wastes of space I finally got a living ship. :smiley: Now my dilemma do I like it?? I think I do lol :smiley:
I suprisingly enjoyed the long search and think on the whole it worked quite well. Following the compass had hic-cup moments but built the anticipation of ‘what we going to find next’ quite well.

Actually despite being a long chase, it probably was the best most complete interactive mission, that I can think of, so far. HG are beginning to merge drama and gaming together at last. I hope things improve with more involving additions. Euan-ha where are you?? Emily is that really you floating in space?? :smiley:

I want to take my new ship now and help save the galaxy taking part in the frigate mission stories :smiley:

10 Likes

So Celeste and I were tiring of being attacked by pirates as we searched for upgrades. We decided to head for the sun.

While the attempt is futile, the pursuit was worth it. Along the way, we recovered 7 upgrades in about 30 minutes of pulse jetting and the pirates are scarce that far from the planets.

13 Likes

I’m obviously lacking in technique. Since acquiring Lady Esmerelda Catfish, I’ve made more than 200 warp jumps, and a lot of pulsing around in between.

I’ve found precisely two upgrade eggs.

9 Likes

Do you have to be in the living ship to find these?

I would say that’s the most unique looking one I’ve seen so far!

4 Likes

10 Likes

It would be nice to know if heading in one direction for an extended time really makes a difference. I was like you. Jumped to a number of systems and pulse jetted around and only managed 2 upgrades. Mostly, I was finding traders.
So if you are up for an experiment, set your course in one direction and just keep going.

6 Likes