Update Speculation

On the pic with the ship we are on the moon of a huge planet. On the other pic we can see this huge planet and it’s small moon in the sky. we’re probably close to this planet, on a second moon then ? The big planet seems relatively uniform, sandy ?

A sandy planet with 2 moons could be Arrakis. The next Expedition could be a Dune event on Arrakis and Muad’Dib.
(And I drunk nothing @Sheralmyst so you’re not alone to dream :wink: )

6 Likes

I think we can confirm there is a dark theme going on.

5 Likes

And this happened while I was asleep

Someone else posted the now deleted post

6 Likes

I also think that we may have a Dune crossover with the upcoming expedition given the timing on the US release.

I could stillsuits being added and a thumper that calls the big worms (like the anomaly detector.)

6 Likes

Well, at least we wouldn’t have to wait for Halloween then… :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

It also is interesting that the most recent 3 screenshots that Sean shows are monochrome.

4 Likes

My guesses of the meaning of the emoji(in no particularly favored order):

A.) Dune crossover/some sort of worm monster added
B.) Worm monster added(space or on planet, idk)but not a crossover
C.) Fishing/bait update(probably more likely as HG’s updates to NMS are normally non-violent updates)
D.) An update to creatures and their animations so creatures move more naturally(e.g. worms/snakes move more naturally)
E.) An update to planets regarding the terrain and/or caves.

If I get at least one right, I get a cookie.
If I get 2 or more right, I get a very big cookie.

5 Likes

Dough is mixed and ready to go in the oven. :cookie:

4 Likes

That last image sure has some weird formations in it. And… does one of them look like the head of a… worm??

I think everyone’s right about the Dune theme. But what then would the quest be like? “Young one, we need… paprika.” :grin:

2 Likes

I dig ( :crazy_face:) the thumper concept.

I have not seen a giant worm leaping across a planet in months.

3 Likes

Adding fuel to all of this is the fact that sandworms have become scannable but I have never been able to scan one. They are gone too quickly.

4 Likes

Yes of course, a quest given by Cronos :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

5 Likes

This is exciting! It’s like WakingTitan. It is a video so you will need to tap the twitter link.

It says NO SIGNAL. Thanks @kyle-culver
Could this relate to the OFFLINE status in the Space Station and what is that in the upper left in the bottom pic? It looks busted…a blown space station? :grimacing:

8 Likes

And now the video analysis and cryptogeeks go nuts.

Me no cryptogeek, but me enjoy fruit of geek labor! :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Sean-sensei, your unfathomable teases cause insomnia, and the irresistible urge to enter alternate universes.

Why are you so mean? :sweat_smile:

Now, about black, starry space with just SOME nebula…

And as for the video, it’s just too fractured to tell what the starship is approaching. But I wish I was approaching it…

4 Likes

Dang, Sean is teasing us hard now

3 Likes

I sense an impending video… :grin:

5 Likes

So the Desolation trailer also had the No Signal message

6 Likes

Maybe they’re adding some kind of dungeon similar to derelict freighters?

5 Likes