Update Speculation

No! No! No! Don’t get my hopes up so much!

3 Likes

Looks like a freigher. Living freighter?

3 Likes

It has that appearance in the still image, but mostly it’s just glitched. If you watch the video, there’s not much doubt about the object being spherical, and moving in relation to the ship at about the same speed as the asteroid in the bottom. In other words, there can’t be much paralax here, and the ship is not operating in pulse drive.
That allows some deduction of the size of the object: It would appear to be similar in size to the asteroid. This would preclude celestial bodies, freighters and space stations (pity, that last one). It might be something new, or… it might be the anomaly?

Also, the glitching and no signal message do strongly indicate a Halloween update. The worm could be a computer worm (a special kind of computer virus). Mabye the anomaly is about to get hacked?

5 Likes

7 Likes

4 Likes
4 Likes

So far, no Steam downloads queued here in UK.

1 Like
4 Likes

The spoilers are hidden

1 Like

14+ GB on PS5

4 Likes

“Dune” tie-in confirmed.

5 Likes

Seems pretty big for just Expedition 4 rewards data.
Wonder what else is in there? :thinking:

5 Likes

I guess I better put my contacts in and get out of bed. :sleeping:

4 Likes

New topic for Expedition 4 Emergence 5 weeks - #2 by jedidia

4 Likes

I read all that and found it fascinating. : )

1 Like

If that’s true, I’ve been expecting something like that ever since the movie was announced. I’ve loved the director David Lynch’s attempt for years and always thought the planets and landscapes in MMS would be wonderful rich locations for the colourful worlds of the Frank Herbert books. I shall be very excited to find out! :smiley:

3 Likes

Well, I doubt it goes much beyond Sandworms. Although the existence of a “Worm Lord” badge is intriguing…

3 Likes

I have been trying to keep a lid on my silly imagination ever since the Normandy space ship from Mass Effect made an appearance in the game. I have not played Mass Effect (yet) but began to wonder if the HG team might consider cooperating in the future with a larger developer who perhaps have the manpower to manage or realise a ‘populated’ universe with new characters we could adopt and play with. At least they could help build the characters or non playing characters and the team at HG would develop their procedural techniques to implement more populous worlds of characters we might interact with. Just a short collaboration maybe. Perhaps using tech like Natural Motion bring to GTA V worlds. Then Frontiers dropped… : )

Dune has been waiting for a release since the Pandemic put everything on hold and I thought hmmmn, … I wonder if the Dune team are thinking how to get people back into cinema and excited by their movie…

I wondered who might be developing a Dune franchise…Maybe EA? Microsoft? WB? or the makers of Mass Effect and their story building expertiese, could hold a license (income for HG) to use the NMS universe and engine to build a Dune collaboration spin off we might be able to wander into and meet new characters, perhaps more human that we can identify with, a bit like Claire and other characters from Waking Titan :slight_smile:

I like though that Hello Games make NMS a sci-fi game without gore, yet still give us thrills and little frights if we choose to go hunt for them.

HG make intelligent and entertaining games for everyone that endure and prove you do not need layers of violence and shock to constantly dull senses, imagination and rob our wallets.

3 Likes

I saw your shed pictures @sheralmyst and read @Timsup2nothin comment a bit too quickly.
‘Snap together … tabs… slots…warp’ Has Hello Games gone into base building sheds now in real life??? I had to look twice lol.

I’m sure Hello Games could fix a whole ‘shed’ load of bugs in that product :smiley:

3 Likes

More than one, you deserve your very big cookie

9 Likes