Videos šŸ“¹

No Manā€™s Sky Videographers!

Our journey continues with yet another sci-fiā€¦

Guy asks for a ā„ž.ā€”Doc says: ā€œDude, it ainā€™t writerā€™s block; Itā€™s traveller's overwhelm!ā€

Diagnosis reads: ā€œGameplay, paintings, poems, music, spoilers, majestically bazaar, simplistic, probabilistic, soothing/sublime, adorably monstrous, dangerously cute, joint exploration, solo contemplation, popular, should be popular, probably a good reason not to be popular, that time when the game glitched and ProcGen melted before you as you watched your 16 cohorts be catapulted into dual singularity, Mother Atlas and her Sentinel Minions, ok I made all that up myself :face_with_hand_over_mouth:, just simple stuff and whateverā€¦ā€ā€”Dr Crim CSD | ā„ž reads: ā€œCreative Sub-Categoryā€

Purge thy Sanity!

May the force be with thy trigger finger :selfie:

5 Likes
4 Likes
6 Likes

They could sorta cheat it and just have it mark an already crashed freighter near the xyz of where the debris makes contact with the atmosphere, just have it activate a distress signal locater. It could also assign a key to the player that will give unique story when you check the wrecks ā€œblack boxā€ at the pinged crash site (they already do this with main quest lines and missions like archaeology digs etc).

Would be a fun way to deliver new pirate lore.

The only major hurdle I could see that would have them shy away from this is, how often is the crash witnessed by Kyle Culver going to happen naturally in game? Are chances high the battle will be near a planet and does the debris get pulled towards the planets atmosphere or was it happy coincidence it just looked that way?

Would be so cool thouh <3

5 Likes

Fun first impressions video of a new NMS player in 2023

5 Likes
3 Likes

This is hilarious! They used game glitches to create a new transport system:

7 Likes

I encountered one of those in Exp 10

2 Likes

Came across one like this using the underwater steam vents for a quick ride to space :3 Very cool to see it works with hazardous fauna and an be directed for public transport purposes :smiley:

I really hope futuramas tube system wasnā€™t powered by the phfart system

3 Likes

That would be very futurama, thoughā€¦ :laughing:

3 Likes

A history of space games, which includes No Manā€™s Sky, of course:

3 Likes

Argh, treating starflight with one sentence and calling it ā€œfollowing eliteā€™s footstepsā€ even though development of the game began before development of elite. It hurts. I know itā€™s an easy mistake to make, but it heavily suggests that the author hasnā€™t played starflight. And then I have to wonder if heā€™s really qualified to talk about the subject.

Starflights planetary procgen is still one of the most detailed even today, and its approach to open-world storytelling through exploration has been copied a thousand times over. Itā€™s really sad to see it get the short end of the stick even in a documentary dedicated to an in-depth treatment of space exploration in video games, especially when Elite, that essentially amounts to a space shooter, gets that much spotlightā€¦
Incidentally, Starflight was called, and still is called by many, ā€œthe best star trek game ever madeā€ (itā€™s not actually a star trek game, but you quickly realise why when you play it).

5 Likes
10 Likes

Wait, that thing is actually in there?? Itā€™s not a video edit? :exploding_head:

If that same easter egg would have been around back in the heyday of conspiracy theories within the first year of launch, it wouldnā€™t have taken this long for anybody to find it. And then the internet would have gone Nova and its remains collapsed into a black hole. So probably better they didnā€™t put it in back then. :rofl:

9 Likes

Just verified it

11 Likes

I still have a working Desolation (2.62) installation and can confirm it was there then. Probably been there since the initial Beyond update revamp. Pesky Electric Sheep!

8 Likes

As @Argh said, been there since Beyond update where the new Anomaly was first introduced to us. It actually did not take too long for it to first be found and posted on Twitter as well as Reddit (September 2019):

Origami Unicorn :link: (Reddit)

11 Likes

I hear if you lead the Unigamicorn to a portal atop a rolling ball from an ancient ruin without it falling off once, it opens the portal :wink: And releases half life 3

10 Likes

Perhaps it was an easter egg to tell people that mounting creatures was coming

5 Likes

I found that a long time ago. I thought it was a visual glitch and ignored it. XD

7 Likes