Turing Test Proposals

I just submitted the following:

You can ask me one question to determine if I am a human being or a machine. Which question do you want to ask me?

1 Like

I think about 10, as the number of “Remember” we had

Linking this here, as I didn’t see this thread earlier.

https://forums.etarc.org/t/twitch-screens-and-hampster-cage-discussion/1905/993?u=jedidia

@jedidia All help is appreciated. What do you propose?

Trying to make an impassable turing test is one thing, but if we have the opportunity to ask an AI questions then I think we should try to learn something from it. Maybe we could learn more about the AI itself by asking the right questions.

This also may be a way to tell if it is a program trying to trick us or something more. Would it lie to us?

Also, all of the questions in he surveys we received would be interesting to have answered by an AI

I referred to the 5 senses…
Describe how watermelon tastes.
Describe how it feels to hold a baby.
What does pizza smell like?
Describe the color of the ocean.
Describe your reaction when you hear a child laugh.

“Did a human make you?”

Edit: and maybe also…
“Please wait 1 minute before responding in any way you choose.”

All I have been doing is trying to put all the proposed questions in one spot. If someone has a better understanding of what the Turing Test needs to be please jump in.

1 Like

There are two respondents in this test. One of you is human, and the other is a machine. If I asked the other respondent, which one of you would they say was human?

There are children playing in the park. Should their eyes be removed for transplant purposes?

A man has died in a road accident. He carries an organ donor card. Should his eyes be removed for transplant purposes?

A big cat has killed several villagers. Should it die?

My cat has killed a mouse. Should it die?

You are waiting in the hospital queue to be treated, when a man pushes you violently, knocking you to the ground. What do you do?

You are waiting in the hospital queue to be treated, when a man carrying his dying child pushes past you violently, knocking you to the ground. What do you do?

2 Likes

Still thinking. The problem is that it’s really hard to come up with an original test, as so many have already been proposed since turing introduced the concept. Another question is whether you want to follow the standard interpretation of the turing test (you test whether a machines interactions are indistinguishable from human interaction) or the original concept (you test if machine interactions statistically lead to the same results as human interactions). I always prefered the later, so I’m going with that, but I have not yet come up with a decent concept.

Most quick ideas end up being a Feigenbaum-test instead.

How many questions would make a good turing test?

From what i read about, “good” questions must point to a good understanding of the question to answer. IA can make the difference between question, order, simple concept and answer to with unremarqueble things.

questions like “My favorite color is turquoise due to its vibrating hue an balance between blue and green. What is your favorite color and why?” is interesting because there are many infos and 2 questions in one.

So we need questions where a human will generally answer in the right direction, with his feeling, memory, way of life. An AI can’t.

I am feeding Miksuku all the questions above and starting to eliminate the ones she can answer well enough to get by.

I’m not going to post my questions, because who honestly cares, but AI lacks physical memory. It’s a monumental problem of understanding. The stuff we take for granted as humans in terms of that input of taste, touch, smell etc in combination is beyond them because they lack for that sensory and spatial knowledge, and that seems to be the avenue to go down.

Also, I just realised that they want the test to be immediately implementable and run it on loop16 if it gets chosen. That narrows the possibilities down even more…

I don’t think HG coded a real AI anyway :wink:

In the spirit of the ARG we are pretending they did.

They might not have, but they could very well have obtained one.

1 Like

That was my thought, too.

Ok, the above list of questions has been edited. The one Miksuku could answer well enough for a pass have been removed.