Traveling to other systems w/o Warp

Pulse warping is slower than the speed of light, so it would take over 100 REAL LIFE YEARS to get to the next star.

3 Likes

Update 60,000 ks traveled and all hud markers are gone only had marker shown are local freighters that jump to you. Ships still spawning so spawning your freighter still attracts merchant ships

2 Likes

@MacForADay pulse jump seems to always be accelerating, longer you jump faster you go.

2 Likes

Will be interesting to see where this goes, just make sure to have a save to turn back to in case all goes wrong :wink:

2 Likes

I have backups made automatically every hour.

4 Likes

Lol I ran out of iron.

2 Likes

Heat is rising on the HUD. Guys I think this is actually going somewhere.

Screenshot captured at 74,000 ks

3 Likes

Strangely satisfying following your progress @Doopa. I have not attempted an interstellar run since before Atlas Rises.

Ohh & welcome to the forum, by the way. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

@Mad-Hatter thanks :slight_smile: . . . Well this all started with me seeing a video of the “lies” compellation. In it The developer guy Matt I think says “yes,but no one has done it yet” to the question "can you fly into the sun/void?(something like that) then I realized that the people on YouTube who tried had PS4 controller. And I just got more ram so I was like “let’s do this”

Still hella buggy in the vastness

7 Likes

Quick question, are travelers normally on freighters?

1 Like

There is a glitch that makes non-interactive TRAVELERS appear where there should be a Gek Korvax or Vykeen.

2 Likes

It’s every single freighter out here. The NPCs and ships are in the floor and physics are horrible in freighters. Your owned freighter bugs out substantially less.

3 Likes

You on PS4 or PC…?
Buggy graphics is a sign you may be at the invisible boundary (PS4)

2 Likes

PC I have to have 10 letters

5 Likes

At 100,000ks it would take me 173 weeks to arrive at home going 3500 u/s

Heat level is same as 75,000 KS

Frame rate normal, textures normal, audio normal.

5 Likes

150,000 I fell out my freighter

5 Likes

After falling it was clear I passed the stars. The game was no longer glitchy but I couldn’t get back into my freighter. Pevious save I couldn’t get out the freighter. But what’s happening is there are 3 sky spheres; one for the sun, the stars, and the distant dust. Once you fly so far you start passing them. Our adventure brought us past space dust and stars, the sun was never reached.

I free fell and landed on an astroid from my freighter. So in conclusion, creator guy lied when he said you could fly straight towards a system or the sun. But he told the truth when he said you could land on an astroid.

After a break (long one) I still plan on making it 1,000,000 I would of never fell out the freighter if I didn’t get in it. But I do believe that they are working on it. I originally tried on the release copy and hit said invisible wall. There was no wall this time. It just kept going, there are no other glitches besides placement issues of game sprites and objects, which makes sense when we talk about the spear. The game never crashed, I never lost frames. Looking at screenshot my ships heat meter seemed to move slightly leading me to believe maybe developer guy is working to make his promises reality. Though it’s not possible, it is an unarguably different result than original release.

9 Likes

Been following this all day like listening to a football match on the radio! I really can’t wait to see your screenshots!

4 Likes

I need to get them on my phone to upload em. PC uses to much hot spot. Need food and sleep. I have around 12 I think

3 Likes

Where the heck does steam put screenshots?

1 Like