Tips & Tricks

Ok, well I think I’ll have to give up digging through my memory then. I thought the save point recipe was in the construction research unit (it used to be in the blueprint analyser) but when I couldn’t see it I assumed it must have been in the manufacturing plants. Sorry for the confusion.

6 Likes

Still the same in Beyond

7 Likes

This IS NMS we’re talking about. Not your fault! :laughing:

@jedidia
Yes. The Scientist gave me the Microprocessor early on.

Most of my early exploring is done on foot, opening as many of those dropped and rusted boxes, etc., so by the time I began to need microprocessors, I had quite a number of them saved up.

5 Likes

Well, you didn’t have a broken multitool that needs gazillions of the buggers to repair… :smile:

3 Likes

Nope. I traded that one in for a clean one. ;`_)

3 Likes

Take 5 Storm Crystals and stash them away until you get the blueprints for this

It generates 1 Antimatter approximately every 35 seconds for a total of 19. (sheeesh couldn’t they have set it to 30 seconds and have it make 20? )
Just do not leave the area or you will return to an empty reactor.

7 Likes

That is so cool!

Please share where you got the recipe?

:nods:

This is one of those @zsigmond “NMS-Hurry-up-and-wait” items. :laughing:

6 Likes

Ha ha…ha … I think it was in the Nexus along with the other building parts. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

PC. I sometimes forget to select Toggle Build Camera [c] from the build menu. It seems that [ctrl+c] works as a toggle to turn the camera on and off.

7 Likes

TIP.
After warping into a new system, landing on your EXPLORER frigate may result in you recieving a message about ‘processing plans’ followed by being given a RUINS location.
Might work with other frigate types for other location types too but haven’t tested it.
Just stumbled over this one…

8 Likes

Every frigate has a “support ability” that can be triggered every once in a while. Merchantmen give you money on landing, explorers give you an artifact site (big deal, I have like thirty nav-data for that lying around somewhere in storage…), industrial frigates give you some mid-tier resources (magnetised ferite, chromatic metal, that sort of stuff), combat frigates come to help you in a fight (though that seems to be broken atm, they warp in but then don’t launch their drones), and I have no idea anymore what support frigates do.

Where did you leave that thing, Sicily? :grin:

10 Likes

They warp in, The crew all goes on deck, and they wave their flags and and shout encouragements to their fighters? :wink:

9 Likes

Vy’keen zero-G cheerleader squad? Yes, please!

7 Likes

Then what does CTRL+V do? :joy:

6 Likes

TIP
In relation to Community Events for those of us PS4 users who want solo/offline play but also want the quicksilver missions:
Loading up with NETWORK turned on is enough for the Nexus/Anomoly to update. You can then turn off NETWORK and summon the Anomoly as per usual and not end up in the crowd, (or if your internet is terrible like mine- simply crashing).

8 Likes

Not sure if everyone knows this, but mods now work in VR (PC). You have to press the ESC key on your keyboard (virtual or real) to get past the message for some reason. Found some useful ones on nexusmods to help with performance/visuals.

Talking of mods, does anyone know if there is a mod to remove the white focus light around objects when you get near them? i.e. when you get near to an animal - it ruins the appearance of the animals for me. Otherwise I might have to try and make one.

6 Likes

Support frigates give condensed carbon.

6 Likes

So, is doing the confusing storyline quests the only way for players who have multiplayer turned off to get quicksilver? That is, a meager amount from Nada?

I have now done three Nexus quests, and though the rewards are welcome, none of them (so far) offer QS.

3 Likes

I don’t know about other platforms, but on Steam (PC), with multiplayer off, I’ve been receiving quicksilver quests for about a week now. There’s only one per day, and a yellow symbol appears nect to the Nexus when it’s available. It’s perfectly possible for single players to do most of them.

If you miss one, it gets saved - so the next day you get offered two.

6 Likes

Ah. Thank you so much! :heart:

I guess I just haven’t seen those yet.

2 Likes