Tips & Tricks

New save PC. Just fired my weapon at Horrors from inside the abandoned building.

3 Likes

Yes. I found that Ambandoned Buildings sometime show up as a ‘Ruin’ and allow weapon use.
A roof-dangler snappy found out the hard way my weapons work inside derelict buildings. :laughing:

7 Likes

You can’t shoot NPCs in buildings I found out. I was trying my newly exchanged multi-tool and didn’t realise you could even fire them indoors. Does that mean we might even accidently blow ourselves up indoors?.. oh dear…

If we can now fire things indoors… I wonder what that means for gameplay, missions or community missions. Maybe we will be chased by monsters in tunnels… wooooooah!

3 Likes

A short chat about taking screenshots with or without the portal address burn. A hotfix for the update may change things again of course, hopefully for easier, clearer instruction for toggling off or on the address.

Its odd really we can do this without having to first find a Portal gateway, then fuel it with resources and obtain the address.

Does the portal have to be discovered to travel to a planet or not?

2 Likes

Found a nice auto-walk/auto-run feature, not sure if this was already there or not.
When pressing K (PC/Keyboard), it toggles active/inactive.

Edit:
Yup, we now have auto-walk/auto-run, I can verify :wink:

<Property value="GcInputBinding.xml">
  <Property name="Action" value="GcInputActions.xml">
    <Property name="InputAction" value="PlayerAutoWalk" />
  </Property>
  <Property name="Button" value="TkInputEnum.xml">
    <Property name="InputButton" value="75" />
  </Property>
  <Property name="Axis" value="TkInputAxisEnum.xml">
    <Property name="InputAxis" value="None" />
  </Property>
</Property>
6 Likes

Aww, wheres my console button :persevere:

4 Likes

Super! I’ve been annoyed that the Tentacle plants could harm you but the Multi-Tool was disabled inside buildings.

3 Likes

“Disclosing” the portal address that easily doesn’t seem like a good idea. Where’s the incentive to find and visit the portal?

3 Likes

Here is a change. While working on the Artemis quest in a new game, I received QS from Nada.

5 Likes

TIPS
Tip for PS4 play stability.
Avoid extended periods of running around doing lots of scans, pick ups, melee boosting, mining etc. Will begin to lag & then crash.
Calling ship every 10 minutes or so & doing a quick jump in & out seems to solve this.

TIP to hopefully avoid ship exit crash.
When landing on new planet, allow nearby features to fully render (maybe 5 seconds) before exiting ship. Avoid looking around cockpit when pressing ‘exit’.

Seems to be an issue where too much at once or trying to hold too much recent memory overloads the PS4.

5 Likes

At what stage did you receive the Quick Silver (QS) from Nada? Was it when you first find him in the Nexus and go through his talk tree, or some time after that?

I chose “Explore” and didn’t notice receiving anything. I will have to check later.

3 Likes

I am working through the Artemis/Apollo quest. Twice I have reported my findings and received QS. The second time was after doing the ‘triangulate your position’ part of the quest. I am on a new game

4 Likes

Thank you for clarifying.

2 Likes

TIP
During the first moments of a new save startup, one thing to help you, that a new player may not know to utilise, is the camera.
The moment you can, activate camera mode, switch the sun position to the opposite side of the planet (night setting) & you can pinpoint sodium & oxygen glowing in the dark.
Very handy & takes the panic out of the first minute or so.

5 Likes

only if it exist in the range to run to get it lol

2 Likes

Tip: Don’t pick the Sac Venom (pink/red bumpy balls) unless you are well armed and shielded.

Weird. I have been able to pick up vortex cubes and humming eggs, but I got only three Sac Venom before two sentinels appeared out of nowhere and killed me dead, I hadn’t even seen one on the planet that I’ve been roaming on for hours.

Their apparent absence lulled me. I have never before been attacked for picking up those. Now I will wait until I have good weapons. :crazy_face:

Should I hang on to these --will the base horticulturist want them at some point?

3 Likes

Can you cook them?

3 Likes

apparently only for trading. But the base chef Gek used to ask you to plant them.

2 Likes

I have not reached that point in the new story yet…

1 Like

Useless tip: You no longer lose any life support while inside sealed off hase buildings no matter what you do (run, jetpack, etc)

2 Likes