Tips & Tricks

ah of course, I forgot how the new “NMS 2.0” should be played … lol

hurry hurry hurry … insanity of course … gotta love it

3 Likes

It’s a new option provided by the Nexus. You can still get them for free later by following the base quests, as it has been since pathfinder.

4 Likes

Yes jedidia, I’ve joined kickstarter, I am not pleased with the changes.
The changes caused me to stop exploring the 255 galaxies.
I used a mod to get back to Euclid.
The original game play that lasted through 1.7 was destroyed.
So I make noise about insanity
Emily is not happy with the changes, also.

3 Likes

I do feel your pain.

A “How to” guide to No Man’s Sky is really an exercise in frustration. Likely, an online Wiki that gets updated is the only practical option.

Even tips & traps keep changing.

I do appreciate enhancements, but feel frustration at some of the sigificant process changes that have been coming at us.

OTOH, I still love the game and will play as long as my body & mind allow. LOL.

5 Likes

Tip for finding resources, such as cactus flesh, pyrite etc. To quickly find relevant planets, just select the resource in the catalogue and it’ll start a separate mission. Now fly into space and open up the galaxy map and select “current mission” and it’ll point directly to a star system that contains a planet with this resource on it.

Slightly less awkward then working your way through your visited star-system list and clicking on each planet each turn.

10 Likes

That is awesome! Thanks for that tip! :heart:

(that would work for the photo missions given from the stations, too.)

6 Likes

I had no idea that this function existed (playing since August 2016.) Thank you.

I will try it out this afternoon.

6 Likes

Yes, I’m not sure it’s new or not, but I’ve also been playing since the beginning and only just noticed it so figured other might not have noticed either.

5 Likes

I hate chasing after these blasted things!

So now a build a semicircular wall downhill from them and then stand behind add fire away. :slightly_smiling_face:

Often the wall is still there when they respawn .

9 Likes

I find these to be the most challenging thing to shoot in NMS. So I let them roll and enjoy the challenge. :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

I find that (if present on that planet) the ant-like critters with two legs like to head-butt these to push them – once you roll the balls. It’s a riot.

5 Likes

Yep. One person’s frustration and aggravation is another person’s challenge. :joy:

For me the challenge was devising a way to keep them from making me chase them. :wink:

2 Likes

Ha - I don’t have enough space in my backpack for 10 mins of exploring/foraging/mining, anyway!

3 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: Multiple Multitools - How does it work?