THREAD DERAILED BY HUMPHREY DUNPHY O̶L̶D̶ ̶G̶O̶D̶S̶ ̶-̶ ̶C̶h̶e̶c̶k̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶m̶a̶i̶l̶s̶.̶ ̶N̶O̶W̶!̶

I’m so glad I decided to randomly watch Kyle Culver’s recap Youtube video back in early June and started following the Waking Titan ARG before it was even officially connected to NMS. This has been a really fun summer for me and my wife. From listening to hours of Spanish ballads to wandering through Main Street taking pictures of bells it certainly has been a strange (yet fun) journey.

I know the hype is hard to keep in check, but I for one really appreciate that HG made this ARG happen. It’s been a fun and interesting way to wait out the next No Man’s Sky update.

I’d also like to give Alice and Smith a huge shout-out! The organization of an ARG of this scale truly impressed me. You guys are phenomenal and I tip my hat to you.

Now to sit back and wait for S.M. to send us a memo…

3 Likes

I went to bed after the Twitch stream ended yesterday, and I had the following dream:

I was standing in my garden and watched actress Anna Torv (of “Fringe” fame) climb a tree while carrying a huge backpack. When she became aware that I spotted her she appeared to be not very amused and then told me (while sitting in the tree) that she was trying to secretly prepare the next Waking Titan task.

Then she bombarded me with questions about WT; the only one I can remember was “What do you expect happening next?”. I felt stressed because she was a bit angry, she used multiple languages (even some very strange ones), and I wasn’t answering fast enough.

Then a strange guy appeared next to me, something about his face was not right, and he revealed that they prepared some kind of real-life laboratories to take WT players there and do some fake experiments with their bodies in order to really scare them. The last scene I remember was a sad Anna Torv shaking my hand and saying “You know how you can find me.”

After standing up this morning, while thinking about this dream, I read my emails and found the “Waking Titan Has Ended” one.

What a strange simulation I’m living in.

1 Like

Fellow ETARCians…

Yesterday before going to bed, I checked the closed twitch stream one last time. The WakingTitan official account was discussing some questions regarding the ARG to people who where still in the chatroom. They discussed alternate endings to the ARG (we could’ve gotten a very different ending if we voted differently) but what was the most awesome thing mentionned by WakingTitan account was that the ETARC forums will be transformed into official NMS forums soon!

Take this with a grain of salt because this is the internet after all, but it looks legit! I even got screenshots that i’ll upload as soon as I get back from work :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is how Bob started… Is not over for you! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

the ETARC forums will be transformed into official NMS forums soon!

Well not official NMS forums but rather OFFICIAL CSD forums! This is really exciting!

7 Likes
1 Like

Yay! That is awesome-sauce :smiley: Also, I think some behind the scenes footage is a fantastic idea.

1 Like

Yeah! Would love to see that! Even if they don’t have actual footage of what was going down behind the scenes, just interviews talking about early conception, launch, etc would be awesome. Also would love to know about alternate endings!

And hopefully the mail from SM today will clear-up atlas pass designations for good… WakingTitan twitch admin said it was important and totally not random…

3 Likes

:open_mouth: There actually was an alternate ending! Oh man I hope they can at least divulge that much.

1 Like

The alternate ending divulgation will come if A&S client (HG) allows it. To be honest it would kind of break immersion, but with mods, leaders and puppetmasters coming out of the shadows since the official end of the ARG, the immersion is quite broken already IMO.

Yeah you’re right but, while I shouldn’t speak for everyone, we can probably all suspend our disbelief again when the story demands it. For the moment it’s actually kind of nice to peer above the surface.

Anyone still not getting final email?

Wait. When did that happen.

yesterday on twitch.

Yeah well I can guess that. I meant precisely.

1 Like

Hum my reply was to the post you made with that screen earlier on already. I was there when the stream went offline, and even stayed for quite some time after that.
Hence why I’m asking when did this happen, because I did not see that.

I don’t recall the exact time. Saw this pop-up around 11:30 EST. I hope you’re not insinuating this is fake though because it’s been confirmed by ETARC admins that we’re migrating servers and rebranding.

Cheers!

1 Like

For anyone interested, I’m just now noticing that the GD site has been updated with the latest Old Gods e-mail, along with some pretty epic Q&A’s with the lead puppet master from A&S. :grin:

2 Likes

whats the GD site?