Things I'd Wish I'd Known from the Start

Short blurb

I’ll start:

You can manage your inventory while in warp. I guess I never gave it much thought but it’s kinda immersive (evil). Got a minute or two, might as well inspect the suit and top off the batteries. Got me wondering what 5 minutes would be like. Would I choose to go there?

4 Likes

You can lay floor panels under and in the ground. When you add more floor panels, it will remove surrounding terrain for free, assuming you’re building a base.

6 Likes

I wish I’d known they introduced a refining system with NEXT. I spent hours trying to figure out how to get pure ferrite :weary:

7 Likes

I wish I’d known that the freighter/frigate missions don’t kickstart until you do your first kill a pirate mission for the guilds. That is what the ‘undisclosed’ reward must be
Makes me wonder what other secret triggers there are to get certain things.

3 Likes

Can’t confirm that. I got my first distress call from a freighter some 6 hours in without having done any pirate killing beforehand. And since then, every freighter captain wants to hand me their ship when I save their buts. That’s a bit breaking, if you ask me…

Yesterday i saved another freighter, captain wanted to give it to me but when i accepted it asked me 86M so maybe if you never have to pay that’s a bug.
Or the bug is when i had to pay because the dialogue when i talk again with the captain is something like “i’m happy the crew is still there after the sale”.

1 Like

I think it relates to blowing up a pirate/enemy.
In a previous play (but overwriten because I reloaded back) I did the same thing as you with the generous captain and the freighter/frigate icon popped up then too.

The first Freighter you save from Pirates is supposed to be FREE…the question is, can you refuse to save that Freighter and wait for a chance to rescue a better Freighter? Or are you stuck with taking the first one that needs rescuing?

1 Like

I refused the first freighter rescue mission offered at 8 or so hours in because my ship could barely fly. I’ve since done a few, but haven’t been offered one for free yet.

2 Likes

@sheralmyst: I had been thinking the same, get it for free or refuse to ‘maybe’ get the next one for free. Was a tough decision, but decided to not risk the attempt, so I got the first offered.

@Captain_Jack: Thanks for clarifying, seems like I made a wise choice.

2 Likes

D’oh! After logging in today, I took the freighter job again and this time they offered me a freebie on the first go round. At this point, who knows what the deal is. :confounded:

4 Likes

I wish I knew about putting together similar technologies in your exosuit/ship/multitool/rover/freighter because my awesome hauler had technologies just thrown all over different places.

2 Likes

I wish I had known from the start that the big useless room in your freighter can be disassembled and the parts received used to build a more sensible layout.

6 Likes

That is kinda a big deal.

2 Likes

I wish I’d known from the start that the useless module techs were actually saleable (for nanites) in the module purchase screen. How many have I discarded not realising this. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I wish I’d known that when I used the upload all it’s only the planets and not the separate bits.
Got an influx of nanites after going to each planet and uploading each section :flushed:

Also that red barrel’s and green crates you can build also spawn resources and has a nice indicator that it has an item in the barrel

2 Likes

This reminds me…

I wish I’d known there is an upload all for creatures, fauna and way points.

Seriously only found this out a month ago after its been present since atlas rises.

If you hover over fauna/flora tab on a planet, you get an upload all prompt :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil:

1 Like