The White Elephant in the Room: Freighter Warp Upgrades can no longer be obtained (Issue Fixed!)

Sorry, for the rant, but I’m getting a bit frustrated that this issue has not been addressed several months after NEXT launched.

Freighter Warp Upgrades cannot be obtained since NEXT. They still exist in the game, and people with legacy saves still have the blueprints, but new saves or people who did not obtain them before NEXT cannot get them. No NPC vendor sells them, warp modules do not work in freighters, Polo does not give them, and Manufacturing Facilities never give them. There is no longer a way to obtain freighter warp upgrades, period.

I thought that HG would address this after a while, but they still haven’t. This leaves only two possibilities:

1. Hello Games are still inexplicably unaware that freighter warp upgrades cannot be obtained.

2. They can’t be bothered to address this particular issue despite working on countless other bugs and issues.

You are going to ask, and yes, I reported this as a bug on Zendesk, quite a while ago. I also mentioned it in the new survey they put out in the newest development update.

Why haven’t they addressed this yet? I don’t get it.

6 Likes

Someone I know went into the save files and edited in the Warp Drives so they could have them in a new save. Although the fact that they still exist but are unobtainable is kinda dumb

There is, of course, a third possibility.

It’s possible that the upgrades have been removed deliberately. It’s possible that HG didn’t want us to use our freighters as long-distance transport any more.

I know it doesn’t make any sense. You can call your freighter from any distance. And, as you say, legacy players (like me - ha ha) still have the blueprints. But it’s possible that in the new order, freighters are only supposed to be used for short-range travel.

1 Like

I figured they just didn’t exist yet. Thought maybe a weekly event would produce them. :confounded:

1 Like

It’s possible that they’re intended to be a future upgrade. Even in a new game (non-legacy), the technology slots to take them still exist.

Although why HG would hold off introducing them is a bit beyond me. We’ve had them before. Some of us still have them. It’s not as if they’re new, or untested.

2 Likes

Perhaps it is an unspoken reward for the long term players who’ve been with the game since day one? There was sometimes comments about long termers feeling they should be acknowledged for their loyalty. (Not from me…I just love that they kept on doing updates)
More likely, at some point the upgrades may be offered as a quicksilver perk or as mission add ons. Who knows what extra upgrades may be added in future. Maybe those upgrades will become part of inter-galactic travel allowing people to return to Euclid or move further on?
That they still remain in the code is a positive sign.

2 Likes

If that were true, they would have completely removed them like so many other tech which turned into “Obsolete Technology” when NEXT launched.

1 Like

Maybe Atlas Pass lv 4 unlocks them…:smile: or they are the gift you might receive for completing the recent survey…:smiley:

6 Likes

After sending bug reports about this 3 days in a row and mentioning it on the survey, they finally added them back in. Judging the fact that they didn’t even mention it in the patch notes, I think it’s safe to say it was indeed a clerical error that they just didn’t notice for 3 months.

5 Likes

Now we wait till they fix the NipNip, they made available as well :wink:

2 Likes

Well I talked to my farmer and the recipe for NipNip appeared on my screen, but when I tried to build it, it still wasn’t in my menu. So that seems to be another fix that didn’t work, at least on PS4 or just my game.

1 Like

Saw the video :wink: I had exactly the same happening, with one difference though. I had already edited my NEXT save to give me the blueprint and ability to plant it. I still received it regardless when I first checked my farmer since the update. They obviously intended to put it back in properly.

2 Likes

They should have put it back in via the blueprint analyzer, not the extremely unreliable base npcs.

2 Likes