The Lighter Side of NMS. Graphics Hiccups and Funny Pics

Looks like someone already took the ship. Which I suppose is actually possible now.

8 Likes

Nah, as far as I could see, the ships are missing on empty planets. Just the beacon there. Which would be fine if the flavour text wouldn’t keep talking about the ship being right there. :smile:

1 Like

Landing at this base had the frightening discovery that it actually had a landing pad. As it automatically grabbed the ship, I was dragged into the earth.
Launching & landing elsewhere solved the issue.

7 Likes

The disturbing shadow image of my destination that appeared on screen instead of the usual teleport blue swirls.

9 Likes

… OR …

It might even have been someone else’s STARTING spot…! :open_mouth:

1 Like

I’ve given this pic another look, @toddumptious

I’m …concerned … that the Walker looks somewhat smaller than usual in comparison to the ExoSuit size… :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m imagining the Walker being “behind” the ExoSuit, whilst the Exo is coming down from a high Jetpack Jump . . . and the timing of the pic was “perfect” (or, in Photo mode, everything being “paused”, the camera was positioned just so – creating a look of perfection. :smiley: :+1:

(Links)

For comparative reference:

Sentinel Surfing - a "sport"? Your pix! - #2 by Xion4012

… and …

Sentinel Surfing - a "sport"? Your pix! - #31 by SingularGleam

Unless I’ve completely missed out on the addition, in NEXT, of an “in-between” category Sentinel – Mini-Walker, smaller than Walker, and bigger than Quadra …? :stuck_out_tongue:

[edit] - tidying only; still in AWE of @toddumptious’ ‘image manipulation’ – very convincing! [/edit]

Ah yes it was just a trick of the lens :wink: I plan on doing some actual sentinel surfing soon but I felt this did not count. I just liked to imagine if that walker is to scale, how big is that Anomaly? I imagine it’s a scary story told to Vy’keen children like The Headless Horseman :wink:

2 Likes

Do you read me, HAL?

Open the Drop Pod doors HAL…

11 Likes

btw, @sheralmyst – this pic… were you standing in a shallow lake? Am I seeing that correctly?
I’m thinking I’m seeing water surface ripples… and a greenish blueish colouration . . . . .

(Technically speaking, that’s rather DANGEROUS, if you think about it – the downed / damaged probe / black=box=thingy / comms Orb is sparking, and it has wires sticking out, and it’s sitting in water . . . :open_mouth: That’s a recipe for waking oneself out of the Simulation. :wink:
Flatliners, anyone?

2 Likes

Nope. No water. This is one of the old Breached planets that had the ring structures on them. (I have not found one of those structures yet)
I am on PC with tessellation turned on which bumps up the ground texture. That may account for the ripple effect.

1 Like

Zendesked!

/

10 Likes

10 Likes

Might need to put some traps out…or is that your pet :grin:

2 Likes

It’s my pet, but quite shy, so only rarely shows up inside my underwater biodomes :wink:
For some reason the two spots of fish moved away once I started building underwater. Had been hoping to be able to view them up close, but they appear to act different from land creatures.

Ever noticed that you have to keep the underwater creatures in sight when approaching them for a scan for example? Look away for a bit and they have moved … some distance from the player. I assume the same happens with structures, keeping underwater creatures at a distance. A fresh load may result in an initial ‘close’ spawn.

5 Likes

Yep, and if you leave the water they poof.

5 Likes

Sometimes I’m scanning a fish and accidentally Bob to the surface and they disappear :see_no_evil:

8 Likes

It saves wear on the tyres, but the first step getting in is a bit tricky…

10 Likes

Here are a few of my recent ship issues.

Similar zebra stripes on the rocks of my home world.

Missing walls…

…and a floating flag.

EDIT: Forgot to add this one. I guess I’m not the only one who’s face gets messed up.

6 Likes

Log 1743 Planet name checks out…:grin:

Found likely suspect!

9 Likes

Yay, they fixed the weapon not showing when making a screenshot!!!

18 Likes