The Glyphs, and what they could mean

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

1 Like

I considered that, but Selene isn’t considered a “Major Titan” as she is a daughter of Hyperion. Iapetus’ offspring are included in the Major Titans, to include Atlas. Phoebe is associated with the moon, as well as being a first generation Titan.

EDIT: Backing this up, Helios, another child of Hyperion, is the sun, but as Hyperion has been explicitly mentioned and associated with the first glyph, it sort of favors the first generation Titans plus Atlas, Prometheus, Epimetheus, and Menoetius(the Iapetionides)

1. Fly under hovering rocks. Or something about the seas (breath at the surface of the sea)
  2. A fourth race
  3. New paths/story and side quests
  4. Shipbuilding
  5. Communication from your base
  6. Freighter update
  7. Higher buildnings
  8. Pin the star map
  9. Map of planets
  10. Dinos
  11. Sigils
  12. Spiders
  13. Insects
  14. Going between galaxies
  15. More birds
  16. Multiplayer
3 Likes

Anyone else thinks that once we break open the 6th sigil, another set of Sigils will open up and allow us to crack open the remaining glyphs?

1 Like

This is EXACTLY how I interpret these glyphs. Sounds like the best NMS update ever :slight_smile:

1 Like

I thought that 6 looked like a city or a building. But other than multiplayer, the above ideas are kind of what I’ve been thinking too. I’ve put them in my really long speculation / wishlist post.

I have been explaining this whole WT thing to my brother who also plays NMS (he says he doesn’t want to look into all this because it makes his head hurt, he enjoys my explanations though).

When I brought up the glyphs with him, showing the screenshots I took. That ‘triforce’ glyph really stood out to me, and like you I’ve felt I’ve seen it before but no idea where! He said it looked familiar to him too.

My two cents about the features that glyphs might be hinting:

1. More accurate lightning/atmospherics.
  2. Remains/ruins of the Builders (the ones that built the Atlas).
  3. Community hub? (shape reminds me of the back wall at the space stations).
  4. Spaceship visual customization.
  5. Portals.
  6. Big sea creatures/leviathans. Or maybe freighter-related content.
  7. Sea vehicles.
  8. Galaxy map pinning.
  9. Realistic day/night cycle / accurate planet rotations.
  10. Big land creatures (like the ones at the second trailer).
  11. Atlas-related. Maybe a new path or alternate path?
  12. Insectoid creatures?
  13. Flying insects?
  14. New galaxy design? Spiral mapping?
  15. Big flying creatures.
  16. Multiplayer.

I am also hoping they improved the procedural engine to allow planets having different biomes!

3 Likes

Yep, I also think these glyphs are basically telling us what’s the update will contain. Can’t wait!

Love your interpretation!

I believed early on that the glyphs represented NMS features, but I couldn’t square this with two different insect icons, and have now abandoned this theory.

I think now that they either have no inherent meaning and are simply graphical flourishes, or they represent certain things within Waking Titan.