The Glyphs, and what they could mean

It has to have been within the last 3 hours as of this reply, thats the last time I was on there and it was still greyed out

2 Likes

This is really exciting, guys! :smiley: I feel like everything is starting to come together!

2 Likes

4 Likes

Couldn’t have said it better! The suspense is killing me. What exactly are we dealing with anyway?

1 Like

I wish I knew! Whatever this is, it’s gonna be an adventure.

1 Like

Excited!! The investigation up to this point has been tons of fun. Wonder what else is in store :smiley:

Awesome - been needing a good adventure - it keeps this old blood young :wink:

1 Like

Just wanna point out, the third glyph in Set 1 looks incredibly similar to the ship icon in No Man’s Sky.

Ship icon:

Third glyph:

With the second icon resembling a triforce, and the 3rd closely resembling the ship icon from NMS (and the other links to NMS), is it possible they’re all gaming related with E3 right around the corner?

I would like to add that there are 16 glyphs (not 15). The man-like icon in the middel of the hexagon referring to this forum is actually #3

Actually, I don’t think it was considered. It’s entirely possible that the glyphs are all game related. Hmmm. Will look into this further!

This has been like it since I joined the ETARC forum, a couple of days a go. Its how I found you. Its also one of the reasons i think everyone (on reddit) is suspicious about the link between this forum and waking titan.

The 3rd Symbol of the 3rd Set (what some call Vortex or Hurricane) is often used to symbolize a galaxy. A black hole in the center with spiral arms around it. For example our Milky Way.

2 Likes

I knew that spiral symbol looked a bit familiar, and for good reason: it looks like a stylized version of the symbol used in No Man’s Sky to denote black holes.

Some of these glyphs don’t look connected to NMS at all though, such as the boat. I’ve been wondering though if perhaps all of these symbols represent a tentpole feature that will be updated in the game, assuming Waking Titan is a lead-in to a big NMS update of course.

Good find! The symbols definitely look familiar. Although i know most of the NMS Ingame Symbols i still would like to have a chart showing them all. Maybe we can ask a Modder ?
It would be nice if all those things are going to be updated. And this is not even far-fatched, because we already know the next Update will be a big one!

Going back to the way writing languages have changes (such as how cursive evolved over time or Kanjis and etc.) If There is a link and the events of Waking Titan are “pre time” of NMS - then would the glyphs on the Waking Titan site be the precursors to what is being found in the game?

Also - trying to colelct all info and thoughts on the glyphs here as well if anyone wants to help - Glyphs | Waking Titan Wiki | Fandom

I laid out the glyphs in the order shown, created a reverse color image. Easier to see the symbols.

TQQdles™

FYI: This is NOT a spam message. The image I provided is already being used by other members. It is a clearer representation of the icons already known.

5 Likes

I’m moving this topic into ‘Thoughts and Theories’, because it fits better there. Thanks so much for contributing to discussions!

1 Like

I’m working on a theory that the glyphs represent the 16 Major Titans as described by Titans & Titanesses | Theoi Greek Mythology as the Uranides, and the Iapetionides. I’m numbering the glyphs from left to right using Dolnor’s image.

1. Dawn. The first Titan mentioned in the ARG is Hyperion, god of watchfulness, wisdom and light. From Keats "Hyperion arose, and on the stars
    Lifted his curved lids, and kept them wide "

2. A prism. Theia, Titaness of shining, also known as Euryphaessa, or “wide-shining”

3. Links to this forum. Mnemosyne, memory and remembrance. Echo-64?

4. A sword. Iapetus, mortality, though could also be a spaceship, Prometheus, stole fire from the gods and gave it to humans.

5. A hut. Rhea, fertility and motherhood

6. Leviathan. Oceanus, the ocean.

7. A boat. Tethys, the river, fresh water.

8. A balanced top. Themis, divine law and order (or maybe a comet? Don’t know how that would rearrange things)

9. The moon. Phoebe

10. A constellation. Crius. Troubling because he’s associated with Aries, but it looks more like a backwards Scorpio, or maybe Draco.

11. A watch face. Cronus, Titan of Time and Ages. He’s the one still running the show and counting off the “ages” of the ARG.

12. a crawling insect. Haven’t figured this out yet.

13. A flying insect. Haven’t figured this out yet.

14. The galaxy. Atlas holds up the sky. Also looks like a portal, maybe where the NMS tapes will come into play.

15. An owl. Coeus. Intelligence and farsight.

16. Two faces arguing. Menoetius, “doomed might”, hubris.

Curiously, and perhaps appropriately, unassigned are Prometheus(foresight) and Epimetheus(afterthought). I wanted to get this idea out into the community sooner than later even though it isn’t quite complete. I’ve been staring at it for too long now. Referenced information from:

@Dolnor @Emily

7 Likes

The 4th looks like a scissor to me.