Portal Revealed by Waking Titan!

In the final act of the epic Waking Titan Twitch live feed, we were given a new command for the console “DISPLAY 1338.DATASET” which redirected to a new image of the portal with some new features.

Most notably is the new control dial sitting front and center. Those symbols on the pillar should look familiar…
Here is a close-up of the dial, tilted and sharpened for science!
portal-dial_tilt

6 Likes

Looks as if the glyphs are superimposed. Perhaps the Waking Titan Glyphs have been overlayed simply for speculation sake.
I’m thinking we have an entire new language to learn which will allow portal use… or perhaps its a use for some of the never seen items the pc users know of. Atlas balls maybe. Nice hole in the centre there…

1 Like

Oooo, I like that concept- learn the language of the Forth Race to operate their ancient technology!

OR … there seems to be less atlas words than other languages.
Maybe a glyph is an Atlas word?
You put in your “token” then type in your phrase , then whoosh off you go…maybe never to return.

Remember it is 16 characters, which matches the requirements needed for HEX input (coordinates) :wink:
… 16 in a loop …

5 Likes

Maybe we have the key already on WT and have to press them in the same order they appeared there?? @DevilinPixy Your theory seems much more plausible tho :wink:

There are 16 sections to the ring at the opening of the portal too

1 Like

Frank is now going into hibernate mode, good night everybody :relieved::zzz:

5 Likes

Sg1stargatefront

5 Likes

This looks like it is in a class M system, and I get the feeling it is on a barren planet or moon.

Part of me likes to imagine that the ship is already out there in NMS, just waiting for us to find it on some toxic world. And that when we do, it will take us to this portal, which is also already out there on some random barren rock. And that when these two things come together, the ancient portal network will be awoken, allowing travelers who know the meaning of the strange glyphs to instantly travel anywhere in the galaxy they so desire.

deep sigh

And yes, I know that the promise of this particular mechanic doesn’t mean much to the PC crew thanks to some handy mods. But it would be a game changer for this salty PS4 traveler. (Wanna get to the Hub to help look for com stations? Sweet! I’ll be there in ~12 hours, if I skip work today…:cry: )

SO, yeah… 6 glyphs to go!

1 Like

Update 1.3 will release this week and will be available for free to all No Man’s Sky players. We’re calling it Atlas Rises. It focuses on improving the central story of No Man’s Sky and adds the ability to quick travel between locations using portals. Patch notes will be made available shortly before the update goes live.

I’M SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!!! :joy::laughing::exploding_head: :face_with_head_bandage:

9 Likes