The crafting and refining thread

Thanks, yeah… I knew I had read somewhere it was actually possible to craft it!

And testing with the “Sodiums I got”… No result.

4 Likes

PC, Normal, Steam.
I think that I found some Destablised Sodium on a planet. I was on the ground scanning (F) and saw three vertical orange lines. Went to the location and found a few large, round boulders. Used the mining laser. Some of the boulder housed other elements.

2 Likes

Looks like Sodium Nitrate is the main ingredient, with 1 or 2 additional different resources needed to make Destablised Sodium (nice spelling HG). I doubt the additional resources are going to be Sodium products as well. Trial and Error I assume … can’t find any info on it yet

2 Likes

I’ll buy it from you! What do you want!? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Funny thing… That would be technically possible, now! We could even create a thread for exchanging rare resources! Gek’sList™!

7 Likes

Discord user Ket is working on a sheet, of course he is, because he is known to be awesome!
So yeah SOON™

3 Likes

So no recipe for the Refinery just yet :frowning:

Good to know… Although it somewhat contradicts what’s stated on the tag-info?
There is also a new type of shop vendors inside surface outposts… They sell Components and have a three page list of uncommon stuff not usually carried by ships or stations… They might have the stuff.

5 Likes

I agree it contradicts the fact it states that it can be created using a larger refiner, which is why I mentioned ‘just yet’, as I assume there should be a recipe for it.

2 Likes

It’s a recipe. I just got it from a manufacturing facility.

2 Likes

It makes sense, being a product… So… What’s it made of? I wonder if I input the materials, I could still make it…?

3 Likes

Nope, you need the recipe to make it. It’s just one of the versions of sodium. You don’t input materials anywhere to make it.

3 Likes

Also why is crafting redundant again? I shouldn’t have to make a sheet, it should skip that step.

So the recipe from the manufacturing facility is for crafting, I assume. But the pinned recipe image @Virakotxa posted, clearly says either crafting or refining. This confuses me, unless you can do both only after you got the crafting recipe. Can you confirm that the larger refiner is unable to make this product?

2 Likes

I still don’t have a base as I’m waiting until I can restore my old one first. But I’ll check. Why so many changes?

5 Likes

So maybe, there are certain “high level” products for which you need the recipe, and then, not only have the materials, but a running station to “cook” the product.

@SaraStarwind On a practical level, it levels us all as noobs, So we all get to enjoy the smell of fresh universe and explore it across platforms… On a game design level, it tries to make it more involved and unforgiving, thinking that, once we actually know what we are doing also would be more fun. And at metaphysical level, it’s made to represent the transmutation of the Korbax echo, through the perfection of its algorithms until reaching Convergence.

6 Likes

A bit off topic, but it made me think of Emily and her fear/inability to predict the future, not just the faith of those dreamers, but the results of a big update and how this is going to be received by the player.

6 Likes

I love this! :heart:

3 Likes

“Rare Metal Element” is a blueprint, obtained from manufacturing centres. I just got one.

It seems we have crafting and refining running side-by-side.

3 Likes

I can now confirm, that as far as the Destablised Sodium goes, once you have the recipe, it gets crafted as usual, out of a 150 Sodium Nitrate.
I now have a Medium Refinery and a Large Refinery, taking two and three components respectively… And no idea how to get them to output anything at all! I actually like that there are mysteries left!

As a source for something you can’t find… Like the Destablised Sodium I was trying to get without the schematic/recipe, Frigate missions: Today, an expedition came back loaded with the stuff.

5 Likes

WIP Spreadsheet made by NMS Discord user Ket

8 Likes