The crafting and refining thread

Only obliquely connected to crafting - but the first space battle you find is REALLY easy - I think they cut off your opponent’s thumbs - and when you win (as you almost must), the captain GIVES you his freighter.

With 16 x 1,000 storage, everything becomes so much easier.

4 Likes

Better check the VIN. Might be stolen if he happily gives it away :upside_down_face:

Edit sorry for going off topic

6 Likes

Storage is directly relevant to crafting. If you can’t do one, you can’t do the other.

And if the freighter is stolen, who cares? Everything seems to be trying to kill me anyway. Stolen vehicle squad is just another minor annoyance.

3 Likes

You are not wrong there.
I need so much so I can hang onto stuff I don’t even know what its for yet. I’m gradually burning through my huge stores of farites. It seems every single material that was rendered obselete, turned into farite dust or one of its dirivatives. I had my storage nearly full!
At least the pure stuff is good for building cuboid base bits.

1 Like

Well, they didn’t make the conversion for “Rare Metal Element”… And I really wish I knew how to make that! For sure I would not turn that into 150 Ionised Cobalt!!

1 Like

Another cryptic puzzle??? LOL (grumbles you haven’t solved the last one yet hee hee *points )
*chokes - You need to finish that cryptic puzzle before you start your Delia Smith antics Sir! LOL

1 Like

Could/should we move this thread as a sub-set of the Help A Fellow Traveler section?

My worry is there will be a bunch of similar threads with embedded info that will help everyone…spread all over the forums. That has continuously happened before and we are creatures of habit.

TQQdles™

2 Likes

I would love to see these recipes become expanded and refined (pun) sometime in the near future. It’s such a wasted opportunity to have so many different things produce the same boring thing (such as all those elements producing Ferrite Dust). And so many elements do not produce anything!

All the plants could also produce a concentrated form of what that plant yields (so from Gamma Root to Gamma Root powder) that then would be used in the same way as the flowers are used today. This would be much better than just Carbon which is readily available anyway.

Also, to learn all extra refining recipes could be a part of a mission tree, like with base building, that you learn how to refine more and more things as you go along. For example, given a completion of some task or mission, you now have the recipe to turn gold into something else that is necessary for S-level modules or something.

Ok rambling over. It’s a cool mechanic though that definitely has lot of potential!

7 Likes

Well, we haven’t a list yet for combined recepies it seems. Might be there are still a few surprises waiting.

1 Like

It seems there is a bigger refinary, in which you can input up to 3 items
Not experimented with it yet…
Looks like an Alchemy game.

7 Likes

Do you craft it? Do you find it somewhere?

1 Like

It’s a base part.

1 Like

In a ruin i found a plant, with 9 different “chromosomes” so maybe genetic manipulation is there, with alchemy ?

5 Likes

Ah…that thing I can’t do at all because the bloody game is broken for everyone who didn’t start fresh.

1 Like

Yes, that’s what I was refering to.

Whoops, double post…

I got that big refinery going… But haven’t managed to input a single viable combination, yet.

Mine is doing great, so far… And it was modded to scandalous proportions to begin with. PC experimental branch.

5 Likes

Did the experimental patches open up the base building quests?

I’m going through them, got a fleet exploring the galaxy, and I’m rich a.f. … I’d say yes.

2 Likes

Huge indeed as I saw it on a stream last night. Could have been kept a bit smaller so you are not forced to jump over the side to reach a hallway attached next to the structure it is in.

-I think that was for the frigates topic? :wink:
Back on the thing at hand… there is also a medium-sized refinery that presumably mixes two elements? That and the analyzer not sure how to access… And with those medium tiers, a bunch of advanced parts beyond wood… I’m doing the base missions in hopes those eventually open up.

1 Like