The Abyss - Version 1.7 released

Having trouble accessing drowned structures due to the horrors of the deep?

1st person view and jetpack boost through the door.

“Are you eyeballing me Mr?”

3 Likes

I am loving the whole Jules Verne feeling. :+1:This text The eyeball makes a nice target. Just don’t let its hypnotic stare pull you in…if you do, you can wake yourself before it is too late…if you are fast enough. :grin: be blurred

6 Likes

One word of caution. There is a lot of exploring with the Nautilon. If, like me you need to quit to say, take your dog to the vet, the game does not save when exiting the Nautilon. Either run ashore and call your ship or carry a save point.

7 Likes

I let the madness consume me…

I’ve been waiting so long to have madness with which to be consumed by in NMS.

2 Likes

I am loving this update! I may never go ashore again. :blowfish:

3 Likes

Shame, there are some lovely new blueprints to be bought aboard a space station if one were to resurface from the depths below in exchange for the depths above :smirk:

6 Likes

But I just found my sea-legs. Going ashore too soon would surely give me the bends. :smile:

5 Likes

Yeah, if only there was a way to create tunnels in this game. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I may be able to build something without seeing terrain return. I am pretty sure the Terrain Manipulator will only be temporary.

4 Likes

Added ability to detect planets with water from the galactic map

Anyone figure this out yet? Do I need a ship upgrade?

3 Likes

Omg be stil my heart. Damn I’m stuck at work today .

5 Likes

I’m on a PC. When I’m in the new craft, these double arrows appear at the bottom right of the screen - what do they mean?

4 Likes

Huh… as I understood, the new story should appear in the log immediately after loading. That does not seem to be the case for me, so I probably got that wrong. What do I have to do to make it show up?

While you’re waiting to build your Nautilon,

Your Roamer will do the job. It’s jellyfish-proof, and airtight. The mining laser works underwater, too.

6 Likes

In my case, the crashed ship containing the Nautilon BP was in a large ocean. I needed to make a 20 minute drive across water in the Nomad to get to the crash site from the nearest island large enough to land my ship. I think it was actually more fun that way - not just the simple “fly/click/click/done” missions like the community events.

4 Likes

I had similar.
Found an itty bitty island that took several attempts to land on. I then worked out the new exo and made my way off into the distance.
Was a fun way to travel…provided you have the time to spare.

3 Likes

So, did anyone have to do anything before they were given the new mission? It’s not showing up for me…

I may be atypical - there’s no water on my home planet.

I had to fly into space, where I received a distorted message on my comm. That directed me to a communications tower on another planet. That directed me to yet another planet, that had deep oceans.

The rest followed from there.

3 Likes

Head into space

3 Likes

So is all water blue now?

1 Like