Terrain Manipulator not working

Although it makes holes and the usual stuff, it DOES NOT EXTRACT anything. So using it to mine for uranium does nothing except destroy the uranium mine. Even using on bare ground doesn’t extract anything. Sure it makes holes, but no goods.

I’ve tried in all my saves, started a new save in creative mode, made a new one but still doesn’t work.

Can others check you can actually extract? If it happens in a new save it seems like a large bug.

Origins, experimental.

Right, I’ve got to get some sleep now so can’t answer.

2 Likes

Many similar problems reported in Steam regarding the new experimental patch.

3 Likes

Yeah. Definitely not working. Won’t be long until we are all stranded with our thumbs up hitching rides to Space Stations… :smile: zendesked

3 Likes

Does it make any difference whether or not we go to our planetary bases now, before the next patch, with regards to bases getting buried or not? I practically live on my freighter anyway… If I just don’t go to my bases and don’t touch anything, they don’t get buried…? Or would an upcoming patch fix any base?

2 Likes

Current patch is supposed to keep terrain from altering. However, as @DevilinPixy found out, it still happens. In her case, building over a crater that no longer exists.
All of my bases have been fine.
Added note on this TM bug. I can mine up things like these chlorine globs.

But cannot mine up the normal stuff like copper etc…

2 Likes

Ugh, just my luck. Yesterday I sold all 48 of my exo-suit cargo items. Now I have nothing but a few rocks and some poo. Thankfully this bug only happens in experimental.

2 Likes

I am certain that the universally famous chef Cronus could cook you up something! :laughing:

1 Like

I am happy to report that 3xp 25/09 patch has fixed this issue.

3 Likes

I’m noticing an issue with the terrain manipulator where it doesn’t dig sometimes at close range. Seems to mostly be an issue when a loot item (cache/mineral/tech module) is close to me
I’ve found I need to move about to get it to ‘grab’ or even better mine from a bit of distance or even jump in the air briefly while mining.
All seem to get it to work but it can be annoying.

3 Likes

Same problem on PC. I also seem to hit bedrock real soon on some planets but I assume that is related to the new really tall mountains. Seems to raise the bedrock on those planets.

2 Likes