Teleporting

How long is Teleporting over long distances meant to take? I am not sure how far I am now from where I started my first base, but I tried to teleport back to it and I was stuck in the screen for minutes it seemed stuck that way so I reloaded and tried again and same thing. Teleporting to closer systems works fine.

1 Like

Are you teleporting from one place to another on the same planet? Different planet?
That is not something I have tried…on the same planet.
Added help a fellow traveller to your topic. Maybe we can get some more people in here.

No from a space station to my base. I would imagine i am a long way from where the base is as I have been through a black hole and I am not sure where I ended up

1 Like

I have never noticed any variation in teleport time v distance. I can’t think of any programming effects that would make that necessary; spawning the target location is the same process no matter where that target is, AFAIK. This may have been a coincidental glitch in the teleport/target spawning that was not actually related to the distance.

Is it repeatable?

1 Like

Yes I tried multiple times to teleport back to my original base and same thing. No issue going from a space station to settlement in neighbouring systems

1 Like

Strange. You should be able to teleport from the space station even without a teleporter at your base. Something is amiss.
I have been thru many, many blackholes and can teleport to all my bases even in different galaxies. Some do take longer, depending on how long it has been since I last visited. I don’t suppose someone reported your base and it is now deleted… :grimacing:

Can’t see why it would be reported. I haven’t been back since the last parts dissappearing thing but I was going to go back and recover stored resources and maybe delete it. Or try building on it again.

1 Like

Can I suggest going off-line & trying again.
I’ve had this occasionally with teleportation be it via teleporter or portal but found removing the online part solved the problem.

Also it has been noted that base glitches in a particular system (where you have a base) can often recur so deleting the base (if you can) & not returning is sometimes a sad necessity.

2 Likes

Teleporting usually requires longer than warping, but not that much longer… I think I had times of up to a minute or two, especially on expeditions, but that’s about it. I don’t think it ever hung on me, though.

1 Like