Taking Portal to Base Teleporter drops me at Base Computer

Any one else experienced this behavior? Should I have put this in the bugs thread?

Portal is 9 away from Base computer.

3 Likes

This should only happen at bases when you use a teleporter to a base with no teleporter.
Did you use a planet portal or the Nexus teleporter?
Was the base teleporter powered at that time? Not sure if it matters. Mine are powered with proximity switches and I still come through them. Maybe no power at all might make a difference.

3 Likes

My experience is they work anyway.
I’ve had this kind of weird teleporter issue occasionally but normally, once I have a teleporter it works ok.

4 Likes

This was an issue that plagued Next at launch and was patched eventually, sounds like it’s resurfaced :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

From stations and from my other bases.

Yes fully powered, no switches.

Base complexity on Ultra.

Edit: I’m even more concerned now that I have found a B-class activated indium deposit in a deep cave with no actual (natural) opening to the surface.

I was hoping to put a portal in the cave and put the base computer 350u away at the abandoned Trade Platform. This is a very extreme planet, so everything has to be underground.

But of course, I expect my tunnels to the hotspot to fill in.

3 Likes

You could use a short-range teleporter to bridge the gap between your base computer/portal and the dig site.

4 Likes

That is a very good idea, thank you.

I did notice that today, when I ported from my newest base in another system, I did respawn through the base Portal this time. So I guess it’s still a bit iffy.

3 Likes

In regards to your original issue:

First time that I noticed it was yesterday and just a couple of times. I was in the process of moving a base and thought that it was a byproduct of that. Today the old base is deleted but it continues to happen every once in a while. I’m thinking that it’s a bug.

4 Likes