Freighter Power Broken - SOLVED

I had to restore my freighter base and now power is broken. For example I have a teleport room right off the bridge which is un-powered and off the corridor had some short teleports which are un-powered. Turning free power on from game settings enables them but it nerfs the doors in all my other bases and I would like to keep the game “normal”. I found a line of code in the end of the freighter block:
“AutoPowerSetting”:{
“BaseAutoPowerSetting”:“UseDefault”
}
}
But I don’t think it is the problem unless someone has something different in there.

4 Likes

@DevilinPixy mapped out the power on the Freighters way back. I had dead spaces on mine and there were ‘bubbles’ of power that did not meet therefore breaking the power transfer. No idea if this is still the same but I had some S-shaped corridors that were causing the issue.

2 Likes

Yeah I have heard of stairs and other power transfer problems but I have the teleport for example right at the bridge. Prior to the restore everything was working fine so its somehow in the save file there are probably some slight deviations from snap points. I have tried removing and replacing the room but it does not fix it.

3 Likes

Not sure what causes that, but some additional info might be useful. Are you using any custom settings at all, or just the default ‘Normal’?
I do find it odd how the ‘Free Power’ setting is even affecting the freighter at all, although not really looked into it for Waypoint. In my ‘Normal’ mode I have no issues with power on the freighter, aside from the already known issues mentioned by @sheralmyst
Maybe provide a screenshot as well of the part that receives no power. You can also do some further testing with the ‘coloured lights’, as they are a great object to test power issues with.

4 Likes

Chaps, I found the following at the end of the text for the freighter base, can someone confirm that is the proper text for it?
“AutoPowerSetting”:{
“BaseAutoPowerSetting”:“UseDefault”
}
}

2 Likes

I don’t know a lot about JSON…

I play Steam, PC, Normal with NMSSE.

“BaseAutoPowerSetting”:“UseDefault” found around 41 times. Possibly all within PersistentPlayerBases. First occurrence was shortly after “PersistentBaseTypes”:“FreighterBase” and the other occurrences seem to be after multiple “PersistentBaseTypes”:“HomePlanetBase”.

4 Likes

OK thanks, so that apparently is not my freighter power problem :frowning:
I thought I found the problem when looking at the base in Blender, the rooms connecting the bridge were just marginally off but when I realigned them it did not make any difference. Then I reset the freighter base in game and tried to add the teleporter but power was still broken.

3 Likes

So now I am afraid to rearrange anything on my freighter. It is long so I have a short range teleporter near the entrance. It is still working,.

2 Likes

I took an old save (PS4) and a newly placed short range teleporter showed power. Reset the freighter base, and a newly placed short range teleporter did not show power even right inside from the bridge. I forgot to try it to see if it works I remember when the planters didn’t show power but they still worked. Then I saved, closed the game and restarted and the save. The teleporter then showed power and does work, though I only have two rooms now. I didn’t try less drastic restarts for the freighter such as just moving it (like when your ships are missing), or reloading the save without restarting the game.

4 Likes

I don’t mind looking into this some more with you. I am very well versed in Save Editor magic and familiar with most of the known issues that have plagued us in the past. We could possibly share some additional details in PM here, or see if we can arrange some voice chat. You have piqued my interest now …

3 Likes

Yeah any help would be appreciated, I am very I would say proficient with Blender and the save editor but this one has me stumped. It started when I restored the freighter in NMSE. I think the issue with power in NMSE is pretty well known now. I did it with one other base on a planet and had to use Blender to fix the moved wires. The freighter just has power enabled by default so there is nothing left to realign.

3 Likes

Update for anyone following this that has the same problem: Devilin Pixie identified that a piece was left out of the freighter called AIRLCKCONNECTOR (not to be confused with the Bridge Connector)

{
            "Timestamp":1653477501,
            "ObjectID":"^AIRLCKCONNECTOR",
            "UserData":4294967296000,
            "Position":[
            ],
            "Up":[
            ],
            "At":[
            ]
        },
7 Likes