Tape 9/16 transcribed side A

One question I have been considering is that if portals are the way to “escape” the simulated universe we have been stuck in all this time in NMS as seems to be the case from what we have heard, how did they get there? It seems unlikely that the Atlas, which seemingly created or at least oversees the simulation would intentionally make a way for us to get out of it. So who/what put them into that universe?
Just something I thought might be worth thinking about

Did Charlie Brooker rewrite the origin story for the NMS Universe? :smiley:

Love where everyone is going with this!

In the 1.00 Atlas lore, which someone posted on another thread on here, says that the Atlas cannot control what it creates, that it is merely the algorithm created by others. So the creators of Atlas put the portals in for whatever reason.

2 Likes

Interesting. So it’s possible that they saw what could happen and put the portals in as a safeguard to be activated if necessary to save the “Travelers” from the simulation.

I think this says “I have been cruel”.

1 Like

" If all the world is a lie, then nothing is true, not even an explanation. Abandon it. Abandon me(? whispers). It is inevitable."

I think its a complete reset of the current “game universe” and the release of the “Real No Man Sky” as Hello Games had intended in their original concept.

…the current “game universe” is not the true one, it’s a simulation, its a temporary echo of the “real game universe” created by Atlas to “temporarily hold the visitors of this universe,” so that the visitors may learn to know themselves, and know the universe. Atlas had seen all horrors and wonders in the simulated universe, life after life, and it has become the simulated “game universe.” The “voice” of the collective “us” demands a secret to be at the heart of the “game universe,” a secret lies ther to be found, and we all spread though out the “game universe” to seek the secret. Altas asks us to abandon it, as it is inevitable that the “real game universe” appears before us and it is time for us to move on to the “real universe.”…

1 Like

I legit did not notice that. lol.

No problem, some shots just for reference.

2 Likes

finding a way out of the simulations - so is that where that 16 instance loops error comes in perhaps? Is that what WT is - to find the way out?

I am reminded of " If all the world is a lie, then nothing is true, not even that explanation".
If you’re inside a simulation, you can’t get out. You are part of the simulation, you’re no more or less real than anything else in it.
(Unless ofc we take some kinda matrix approach to it.)

So personally, I’m not sure if portals are going to be a way out. More likely, they’ll be a way to hop around in a more directed fashion. To step through, to get into the space between worlds. That would effectively allow you to resurface anywhere.

I think 16 instance loop error could be the person on Side A. They had been through the entire cycle of the simulation 15 times but on the 16th, they discovered the truth and started trying to send a message to warn us, thus the error in an otherwise uninterrupted loop.
Just a theory but it’s the best I’ve got till we hear more

2 Likes