Tape 9/16 transcribed side A

Great job! On figuring it out!

Quote from Side A audio:

I cannot step through. I know now that if I do, all of this will be over.

I kinda feel like this is preparing us for a universe wipe if we decide to step through a portal.

1 Like

I wonder if someone can do the note/scales/midi notes things for side A if it will have a message or messages spread out through all the tapes?

I just sped up Side A the same way I did with Side B - didnā€™t notice anything jumping out at me like those notes on Side B.

If anywhere, it would probably be found in other side B recordings, but I think those yielded a rather interesting spectogram, so Iā€™m not sure if that excludes the chance of their being something like this on them. Still, it would probably be worth a try just to take it off the list of ā€œpossiblesā€.

Just tried with MrUnnoticedā€™s upload of 3/16 Side B (sped up to 30 seconds). Didnā€™t notice anything we hadnā€™t noticed before. There is a bit of odd, seemingly deliberate noise at the beginning, but thatā€™s better heard at the regular playback speed. Nothing hidden in the sped up version that I could hear at least.

Makes sense, since this tape was pretty much completely different to the others.

It does make me wonder though, could we have somehow caused more tapes to be sent already?

This is super creepyā€¦ It sounds like the same voice from the phone calls, for glyph one. Am I crazy or is that the same voice?

I definitely had the same thought, sounds like the Echo voicemail message.

1 Like

Whose voice is that, then? :hushed:

ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

2 Likes

Because of the somewhat synthetic sound of the voice, Iā€™m guessing it might be an Echo AI? Maybe of someone that the Echo-64 team knew personally?

1 Like

OMG what if in the future the human race dies out and all that is left is the echoes of us stored in a giant server? That is what Atlas is and that is what is talking to us from the future. It is us and all the other ā€œfractured livesā€ trying to prevent whatever caused us all to die and be recorded as echoes.

4 Likes

Echo-64 history, they introduced F.A.Y at an expo, she has been their AI Since then. Possibly used for lots of things. She was the first Voice/Echo created, and has since learnt and is now in control? All Echos have been filtered through her she she is become us? All the good and bad combined. Dunno. Loving the Lore side of all this.

But that fits in with the other thing it said, that stepping through (leaving the simulation) would be the end of everything. The echo would likely be deleted and no longer exist.

One thing we donā€™t know is the motive of the voice. Is it doing this out of self preservation or does it actually give a damn about us?

1 Like

Hello, lurker here. You guys are freakinā€™ amazing with your deduction skills and Iā€™m really impressed. On the spectro for side A, user Voldylock noticed text. It looks very much like text as well, and the number 5 is pretty clear, but Iā€™m at work and canā€™t read the rest. Has it been figured out?
Imgur

1 Like

Well itā€™s not Elizabeth Leighton and itā€™s not the computer voice in NMS. Atlas never audibly ā€œspeaksā€ in NMS but talks in text, so it could definitely Atlas. Or maybe one of the Echo employees? Or F.A.Y.? Definitely a younger femaleā€™s voice. Kinda sounds like a robotic version of you Emily, is it your future digitized self come back to warn all us WTā€™ers?! (Dun dun DUNNNN!!! :grinning: )

Has anyone gone back and tried the echo phone number again since our recent unlocks, to see if the message changed?

1 Like

The password for the 4th glyph is ā€œwbhearlā€ which is ā€œjourneyā€ put through ROT13.

Called both Echo and Multiverse and no changes. It is definitely the same voice from the tape, which I am 99% sure is either a drunk robot or the dwarf from Twin Peaks. :grin: