Supposed Leaks - NMS Summer Update (may contain spoilers)

I’d support a second universe with added dangers and increased co-op. As long as it doesn’t become part of Normal play and is optional.

The griefers already cause enough problems in Normal mode.

I turn off ability of all but specific friends to even see me and don’t allow damage to me or my bases.

For me, added combat ruins the exploration pillar of No Man’s Sky.

And, for me, combat includes having to fight AI, “boss” characters, and similar. Added lore tie-in and puzzles are fine.

Ability to explore abandoned but not ruined multi-story buildings and get added lore and/or items world be fine too. Just not added “avoid being killed (again)” changes

6 Likes

I suspect a new game will be “something completely different” (with a nod to Monty Python).

2 Likes

It probably is something completely different but…

…SM stated clearly that it is NOT no mans sky but also just as ambitious. But that doesn’t mean that its not connected. NMS is a simulation that is dying. Perhaps this new game is outside the simulation? The end of NMS’s story could end at somehow leaving the simulation and into the real world, a place far more beautiful than the Atlas could ever recreate…

I mean, its a smart move to make, from my experience with marketing techniques at least.

3 Likes

I agree, I don’t expect any PvP either. (Not sure why both Clemm and Dragonsire responded to my post about PvE with comments about PvP?)

3 Likes

I don’t think it was particularly aimed at your post. I think it’s more that PVP is something they really don’t want. To some extent, I share their concerns - griefers cause enough trouble as it is.

Anything that encourages people to think it’s a good idea to go looking for other people’s bases with the intention of smashing them up and looting them is likely to cause concern.

6 Likes

exactly this.

Old branch…looks like they are trying to see what they broke.

7 Likes

really odd, they have gone back further…

3 Likes

Fits perfectly well with your above observation, actually.

1 Like

Hmmm, maybe they didnt find any fix for the issue in the previous build?

1 Like

Im guessing they changed server code, and are not sure if the issue is server or client, so they went to a client they know was working. Otherwise you would think whatever error codes they were getting would be enough on any build.

2 Likes

You hugely and grieviously overestimate the helpfulness of error messages!!
It’s possible that they’re trying to track down a regression in the server and they need an older client to connect to the older server, yes, but by no means a given. If bugs without servers would be so easy to find, Bethesda shouldn’t have had any problems until fallout 76… :rofl:

5 Likes

Without even invetigating the supposed leaks… Are they mostly a list of most common but not yet implemented feature requests? With some ideas that a fairly knowledgeable long time player might assume is coming, just like every other annual leak claim? That turns out to be 50% right at best?

2 Likes

Most of what I’ve seen is plausible, but there is no strong indication towards it. In other words, it is wishful thinking tempered by realism, so what’s on there is not impossible to happen, but there’s not really a reason to assume that it’s more right than other things that are also not impossible to happen.

8 Likes

That’s an awful long way to say yes :slight_smile:

8 Likes

It is, now that you mention it. God, I’m tired. :rofl:

6 Likes

maybe lol. Fallout 76 lol they haven’t put out a game yet not riddled with bugs. Fallout 4 still relies heavily on mods that fix bugs that have been there for ages. Heck some of the same bugs still exist in 76 from fallout 4 since they hacked things together., Hope Microsoft changes things around…but…gotta fire Todd first. Otherwise he keeping telling Microsoft “it just works”

I suspect Server code changes only because there was a few updates between when the issue with the Anomaly happened. Since its not just console, it likely would have affected PC further back than Friday. But your right its not a given.

If rumors are true, any new mechanics would require server changes, and the last few updates not including fixes were mostly graphical in nature, other than stability etc not much since expedition 2 should have required multiplayer changes…but future code would… So server or something snuck in lol.

2 Likes

So all of this maybe explains why many are finding themselves alone on the Anomaly and server connection is coming and going.

:musical_note:All by myself :musical_note:
3rd day in a row

4 Likes

I haven’t seem anyone (except for a couple during the W.E.) ever since the last update. Never anyone in the Anomoly af all. So much for it being like a mall#
I gave in to the multiplayer thing some time ago & just leave multiplayer, on despite not really being a fan.
I turned off all the other options so greifers get bored.

#Sean likened it to a mall once.

2 Likes

lol…soooo sad. Yup they broke something.

1 Like

That has been most of the time for me as well with a couple of incidents where the Anomaly is full. It just happened this morning. For 4 quicklsilver missions, people showed up once.

Weird, as I was typing this and sitting in the anomaly, a few people just started showing up.

4 Likes