Strange "Contact" around center of Euclid Galaxy (Atlas Rises / NEXT)

Could certainly apply, but I do not have the insight of knowing how things are done in the code, to be able to explain in detail. Just guessing and speculation of possibilities, which certainly has my interest to try understand. I actually doubt the contact markers to be placed erroneous, but due to a change of render it may result in feeling out of place, or appear to have strange behaviour. I just feel that the looks of that region were important to the immersive feeling they wanted to achieve. We shouldn’t look into it too much or think much of it. It achieves a special feel, which is likely what mattered most. Other than that, I don’t think there is anything special to it …

Similarly interesting was @Doopa’s effort to travel to another system without warp. Some really weird behaviour has been showcased. Personally such things intrigue me, as someone who loves math as well as coding. It does remain hard to explain however, without full insight of the code behind it.

Rounding and precision can most certainly cause issues and be a pain to work around. Having a procedurally generated environment most likely further complicates this to work with, let alone understand as an ‘outsider’. None of what you said is BS, can apply, be logically involved, in some of the weirdness seen.

7 Likes