Storage Containers

One of my 4 storage containers now has 2 slots in it that will not allow me to retrieve the items in them. A screen briefly flashes up that says This technology is damaged. The other 3 slots in that container work fine. No problems with the other 3 containers.

1 Like

That canā€™t be good. Iā€™d empty the container, deconstruct, then build another. Oh, then report.

3 Likes

@sheralmyst
Do you by any chance have (have had) a damaged ship in your possession.
I had this exact glitch when I salvaged a wreck and patched it enough to bring home. Even after fixing it, my vaults in my freighter still flashed the ā€˜damagedā€™ components prompt & wouldnā€™t work.
I solved it by trading the ship on something else (a cheap shittle* :roll_eyes:) and then saving and reloadingā€¦
Maybe this will work for you.

* not a typo

1 Like

No but, it is storage container 1 that has 3 broken slots. I think I built a storage container 1 at another base. I am wondering if there is a connection.
I did stop and look at a crashed ship but it was not worth the trouble.

By placing all of my vaults on my freighter Iā€™ve found I can access the inventory from ANY base & that glitches associated with bases donā€™t seem to affect them.
I have a strange action occur at my no# 1 base which registers a local scan when I use my teleporter. Up, down and then off into the blue swirly yonder. This is because I have a signal booster in the structure just behind the teleporter.
NMS suffers from various interface bugs each update.

Iā€™d take the advice of relocating your storage vault as this used to fix the ā€˜refuse to giveā€™ bug in Atlas Rises.

1 Like

Got a bug saying ā€œInventory Fullā€ when trying to transfer from Storage Container 0 to Exosuit, when I clearly have available slots.

Submitted to HG ZenDesk

1 Like

This is both a bug and an exploit. If you move another slot over instead, you get one item duped in the process, after which the slot you tried all of a sudden works again. This is actually an old issue we had in Atlas Rises as well and has yet to be fixed.

2 Likes

My storage container glitches and messed up my freighter for abit