Freighter Freezing Storage

Anyone having issues with your storage containers in your freighters? Today while transferring items from my exosuit into my freighter storage containers, it keeps freezing up the whole game. I had to close the game and restart it twice.

Going to try to build storage containers on the ground at my base to see if this happens.

Happy Travels.

2 Likes

When you say ‘freezing up’ do you mean the game locks up or you cannot use the inventory?

I occasionally get a hang-screen type of issue while playing if I hit buttons too fast while doing things quickly, which requires a ‘close application’ restart. It’s a common kind of crash and the PC crowd experience it fairly often but it’s kind of new to us PS4 users.
Regular restore points and restarting the console every 3 hours is my solution. Give the machine a moment to breathe :smile:
I’ve noticed that slight indications of lag occur in the minutes leading to a hung screen, which is an indication you should do a restore point immediately and restart the console and take charge of the inevitable.
Areas of high complexity or periods of long walking across terrain seem to shorten the time periods before this occurs. PS4 has to work pretty hard to run NMS.

Alternatively;
If you mean you storage containers won’t interact with you , then I’ve had that and similar issues sometimes too.
Most storage units need to be relocated elsewhere in your base once they begin to play up.
Sometimes transferring things in reverse order to or from the vault may free it up.

I have a dedicated base which is for my vaults, simply so I can access them via the quick transfer option at ANY base. My freighter storage rooms are where I access things to re-organise once it gets totally messed up from quick transferring back and forth all the time. If your freighter is very complex then you may be in need of a rethink of your set up (close proximity complexity).

3 Likes

I have had a continual issue with the storage containers where I can put things in but I cannot remove items from the last 2 spots.

I have found closing the application out and restarting fixes the issues for the time being.

3 Likes

Thanks Mad-Hatter,

It freezes the whole game. Both times I tried it, I was putting warp cells from my ship into storage. What I did was went to my base, and put down storage containers, and they worked flawlessly. And I kept my storage containers quite a fair distance from my base since I’m on top of a mountain.
I agree with you too that maybe I was transferring too fast and the game couldn’t catch up. I save my game now to Flashdrive, and my online storage ever time I exit.
I did a test base last night to and no crashes whatsoever. I went to another base that I love that is going to be underwater, as well as above ground, with somewhat complex but not elaborate. So far so good on that one. So the re-initalization feels like it worked. I played the heck out of Assassins Creed Odyssey the day before for 9 hours straight, with no issues.
I do know what you mean about feeling a slight lag before stuff happens in No Man’s Sky, and I think there was some of that when I was transferring my stuff to my freighter storage right before the freeze up.
First time ever that those freezes happened.
You’re right, No Man’s Sky is hard on the PS4 for sure.
I’m looking forward to this new update this week. You better believe I’ll be making backup saves before it happens :smiley:

Have a great week!

2 Likes

Thanks LordMarkov,

I also notice that if I’m in my freighter for a really long time doing stuff between ships, or going up and down the steps back and forth, that eventually I would get really super bad lag where I was barely walking sometimes.
Then I started keeping my freighter far away from my base, and not even putting it close to the planet my base was on, and it seemed to help.

Happy Travels.

2 Likes