Some Crash Reports

https://hellogames.zendesk.com

While sitting in cockpit (ps4 normal non-VR) I looked at green handle to my right (I think its the release handle for VR) and the game crashed to blue screen.
Might be a conflict issue to do with looking and how VR works.

To find your NMS crash dump files on PC:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp
In Windows you can also search for %temp%, which will take you straight to the folder.

Files are named as follows:
NMS_crash_<unixtime>.dmp (higher value = newer)
Unix time converter

4 Likes

Crash to blue screen(ps4 normal non-VR)
While standing in corridor attempting to place landing pad on existing save base. Unsure of the trigger.
May have to do with proximity to a mission highlighted Base Computer, as location was almost identical to previous post.
Will try to replicate but with base computer not highlighted.

5 Likes

PS4 pr,o Normal mode. VR and pancake mode.
Crash to bluescreen in multiplayer mode after landing and attempting to leave ship .

Edit: Sent my save file in to zendesk with my report. Got a prompt reply from Whiskeyjack who tested it, telling me the size of my savefile is causing the problem They’ll be looking into how to sort it out in the coming weeks.

Didnt expect any sort of reply 10/10 HG :smiley:

6 Likes

Ps4(non-pro), normal mode:
Crashed 4 times in a row at the Nexus within 2 minutes of landing inside. Framerate dropped very low as more players loaded in the game right before crash.
Crash on planet after landing on planet and exiting ship and walking around for about 2 minutes(while playing on offline mode)
Crash on planet while taking a mission to raid a planetary depot. Crashed occured while i was walking up to the depot(had not fired at it yet) and two Sentinels were shooting at me.

Note: When offline features were turned off, I was able to walk around the Nexus without the game crashing at all. However, game still crashes when walking around on planet surfaces still.

6 Likes

Xbox1x normal mode:
Teleported to base and the scanner glow was everywhere (that blue light) restart resolved, bug reported

3 Likes

PC using old save either teleporting to or flying near any base game crashes :anguished:
Starting New game appears to be ok

Don’t want to start again rooCry

I think I may have added wrong save file to report :grimacing:

5 Likes

Check your graphic settings. Maybe back them off a bit and see what happens or it could just be tessallation alone that can cause this.

2 Likes

So this is a big issue. Nexus online crashed when I entered and landed. Not having any issues with planet-side. Good thing is, you can go offline and summon the Nexus to obtain and complete the quests with Nada and Polo.
This is an online issue only with the Nexus. Yes, as more ppl generate in, the more likely you will crash.

5 Likes

Also just crashed in the Nexus (PC, Steam). Have met Nada + Polo - not doing anything in particular, when screen froze, then CTD.

7 Likes

Ps4 normal, old save.
Crash when returning to old base in ship. Had been building new power system. (Offline)

2 Likes

Crash. PS4 normal. Old save.
Flying from base through space towards space station. (Offline)
Had been working on old base.

2 Likes

Going to try a new save and see if issues continue or if it is related to old saves or maybe old save files…

2 Likes

I am minutes from leaving work and returning home for my first crack at the update.

I will let everyone here know how well it works (PS4, Normal- Day 1 save.)

3 Likes

Crashed approaching planetary base from space. Entering atmosphere, with base targetted, received message “powering base”, then some stuff about biofuel reactor - then screen froze, and crash to desktop.

5 Likes

Been playing a new save (PS4 NORMAL, playing offline) & have found the tutorial process is much better than NEXT (although I knew what was coming anyway).
Have wandered around quite a lot without even fixing the Radiant Pillar yet with zero issues.
At this point I think crashes are related to old save files. Hopefully HG can remedy this.
In the meantime quite enjoying the new game feel :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

PS4P_normal_online
Cannot talk to any npc in the anomaly!

Crash/blue screen when:

_ looking around inside cockpit
_Entering atmosphere
_discovery page

3 Likes

Old save or new game?

2 Likes

Ps4 normal , old save . Crashes are making game unplayable for me . Started with only a couple crashes then got stuck in a crash loop . Restored my save from online storage. Tried warping to new system did not fix for very long. Now can not even play without a crash every few seconds . Submitted zen-desk ticket , reported every crash numbering prob 30-40 maybe more .

4 Likes

An old save :frowning:
I’m gonna restart a fresh one and see if there’s any improvement

2 Likes

Mine is WAY better.
Just landed on my first new planet following story prompts: green lush and beautiful.
Hope your new start goes nicely.

Don’t worry. HG will sort the old game bugs soon enough.

4 Likes