Some Crash Reports

It is going perfect!! I am in love with the new improvements! It’s unbelievable. Checking the Tea Party right now!

5 Likes

PS4P_normal_old save

Freeze while warping from anomaly to my base

4 Likes

PS4 normal mode. Crashes randomly. Error Code
CE-34878-0

2 Likes

New game, PS4, No VR. Offline.
4 hours playing and then a random crash while walking along.

3 Likes

Same error code on ps4p_online_vr
Had the same freeze yesterday while trying to wrap from the anomaly hub to my base… 3 times in a row. Zendesked.

The very worst bug is that I am still unable to speak to Nada and Polo… game blocker…

3 Likes

New save as mentioned a few times earlier…
Gradually the time between random crashes got smaller until I stupidly decided to go through the fiddly process of one by one uploading my discoveries.
After this, the game cannot run for 5 minutes without crashing.
Full system shut down,& cool down.
Restarted and the same thing happens.
Unplayable.
I’ve since turned it off and walked away.
Not one to rage quit but I am one to quietly concede defeat. :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

Damn… it’s 2.4 and I still can’t talk to anyone in the anomaly… :frowning:
Huge bug that blocks everything :frowning:

4 Likes

My Day 1 save did well loading up. (Regular PS4, Normal Mode) I played for 1.5 hours including going to the Nexus and checking out everything. However, I saw no one else there and my ambient MP was on.

After I returned home from a prior engagement, I loaded back up and decided to head to one of my main bases. It is a huge base (lots of windows and half subterranean) on an extreme radioactive planet with tall mountains. Between the base and the extreme weather effects, my game started crashing every 10 minutes or so. It was just enough to play with often saving.

With update 2.04 this morning, I played another 45 minutes at that same location with no crashes.

6 Likes

i launched my 1K plus save and it went smooth.
Called NEXUS and all ok
Jumped to my Captial
looks ok
from 3 landing pads there is only one

Everything needed power lol so i did not save.

the updates helped in not crashing as many have reported

5 Likes

PS4 2.05 PS4/normal/non-VR as previous…

Ran new save that was getting repeat crashes every few minutes for an hour without further crashes. Same planet, same activities.
So far so good. Will update this post if any issues pop up.
EDIT.
Logged out partway through Artemis quest. No problems.

3 Likes

My daughter also on PS4. Crashed once today. Creative/non-VR. Been base building for a couple of hours. Complaining cause she can’t lay on the bed…OOOOpsss. Only had the first update from earlier today…getting 2.05 now.

2 Likes

Nine hours into my new game PC, Non-VR, Normal), and just after the latest NMS Steam patch (6:30-ish pm Eastern time) landed my ship jumped out turned around and the game froze. Every time I try to get back in (5 X now), my toon is beside the ship. If I try to turn game hangs.

Guess I’ll have to start another new game. :`(

4 Likes

Did you get 2.06? experimental?

2 Likes

No. Not on 3xperimental. just saw the new patch downloaded 30+ megs.

2 Likes

PS4/NORMAL/NON-VR EXISTING SAVE [20.5]

Loaded at medium sized base (1of2 in separate systems)
Area description:
This base is on an island with some modular structure above, sime basic wood structure going through waterline into a few modules and vaults underwater. Exocraft bays are on seabed. Not a very complex base.
Activity:
Checked exocrafts for resources, walked through base, then launched ship. (Maybe 4 minutes game time)
Blue screen crash.
Will reload and try again.

4 Likes

PC/Steam
When I try to launch the game, the window will open briefly, then close.

3 Likes

Reloaded and then immediately left planet and relocated to other base via station teleporter.
Similar size base but no water.

Did building and alterations before powering up teleporter and returning to problematic base.
Systematically dismantled base then deleted it.
(Replaced the Nautilon in underwater cave so it was already somewhere but otherwise location is gone).
Spent time warping, at Nexus doing tech upgrades etc, various activities.
No problems at all over nearly 4 hours usage.

About to restart PS4 as I often do when concerned but so far so good on this older 100 hour save.
Whew!:sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Try quickly reloading your hard save from the options menu. You may lose hours or days depending on the last time you interacted with an actual save or waypoint, but its better than losing everything.

2 Likes

I would not recommend trying to upload anything for now. Just froze my game. Hit upload base before thinking about discovery services being down.

1 Like

Thank you, yes. In final frustration I did just that, losing over 6 hours of progress. And that at least got me unstuck. Played for an hour more with no problems.

I seem to remember another time when this happened after a big update. IIRC, it was due to doing too many saves just jumping out of the ship and back in again (auto save?–I can never remember which is which).

Seeing as how my save at a building post (manual save?) was six hours previously, I did a whole lot of the jumping ship saves --six hours worth, and without logging out of the game once during that time.

NOTE: I also, during the trying to fix it stage, tried a number of times to reset the graphics to the lowest template, hit apply, got the message to log out to make it stick, logged out, logged back in, went through the loooooong loading, only to find that the changes didn’t save.

I don’t usually jump in right after a game has a huge update like this. I usually wait until the inevitable bugs get sorted a bit, but I love my NMS so can’t resist. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Ah! I had also recently uploaded my base. Well now I don’t have one, so…:disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes