Starship Customisation

I am down to a paltry 900mil units thanks to the ship customising feature

5 Likes

Wasn’t there a cartoon drawing circulating showing something very similar? With a Vy’keen captain being rather upset about the apparently unauthorised paint job…

6 Likes

Just when Omega was dropping

11 Likes

Was messing around with the parts I had and noticed some cockpits may prove deadlier than others, so I had to make this image.

Remember to stand clear of the Ship Fabricator Control Panel when assembly is in operation

9 Likes

It does read Caution on the floor. :smile:

4 Likes

Trying to find crashed ships is not fun or productive.

Could be that RNG is just not favoring me.

Three days of using charts, just cruising (slowly) around, using Transmission Towers, and using the Minotaur has been frustrating. Probably around 30 locations has netted me two ships - one shuttle and one Explorer. Mostly its been sites where the Fighter pilot is there and needs assistance. In two cases it’s been phantom ships - you can walk right through them. One was a nice Fighter. Marked it and shut things down for night. Next day went back and still couldn’t engage with it. Decided to destroy it. Was surprised when it took off and then attacked me. Destroyed it again.

Not happy.

3 Likes

Weird…for me, the charts seemed to produce basically the same results over and over. Abandoned building, Crashed Freighter, stranded pilot and crashed ship.
I still found it better to stand in the space station and buy what I wanted. It took about 15 minutes to see what ship types domimate a system. It does cost a lot of units though. Now I am huntimg pirates to recoup the funds.

3 Likes

My method with charts is, buy enough so it will mark all of the variants of that type, then just never go to the variants you aren’t hunting, which will guarantee your next chart will point to a crashed ship. (used this method to get all colossal archive lore etc pretty quickly)

I of course gave up on this method for ship part collecting because like yourself, only every 10th ship or so didn’t have their pilot idling their thumbs close by. Used my acrued billions on the legacy save I’m playing through to do the SheralMyst method and just buy the ships that had the parts I needed.

Not nearly as exploratory or as fun as finding wrecks, but I think with the new addition of ship hunting, they might want to dial back the likelihood of the ships pilot requesting assistance at crash sites, to balance things out for the new meta.

When I start a new save I wont have a bunch of money and I am planning on building my first ship on that playthrough searching wrecks. I’m going to take one piece per system off the first wreck I find until I have enough parts to build whatever (whichever hits the quota first, be it hauler or explorer etc), Let RNG decide what its gonna look like.

I always talk mighty about starting a new playthrough, my pirate playthrough, my trader playthrough… I always go back to the same two saves on Console or PC XD

A boy can dream… doesn’t mean he has to see them through :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Depending on how advanced your game is I’ve found the following method the best way to acquire wrecks.

• Hunt for watery systems in Galactic Map.
  • Deploy a Nautilon (idealy, having the ability via a summoned freighter to directly deploy from)
  • Using the nautilon scanner, hunt for drowned ships.
  • Fetch wreck via a combo of ship & swimming.
    Tip (re-deploy the nautilin near your ship so you can easily find it again after claiming the wreck & then use the scanner again).
  • After you’ve found 3 or maybe 4 you move on to the next planet or system. Rince & repeat.
    Next time you summon your freighter in space you will have your collection of wrecks all awaiting basic repairs
  • After collecting a few, ‘park’ your freighter reasonably close to the space station to shuffle back & forth doing the scrapping thing.
8 Likes

Oh this is smart, no chance of a pilot sitting down there holding its breath waiting for its ship to get fixed.

I think we can summon any ship to the space station now even if it’s still a bit wrecked. Not 100% on that though.

3 Likes

I tried fixing just the Launch engine and couldn’t call it in to a Space Station. Added fixing the Pulse engine and then I could.

3 Likes

Yeah, typically its the two components that need fixing to get it mobile. I dont worry about anything else.
I knew you could do a ship swap at the Anomoly but wasnt aware you could do it at a space station. Never thought to try…
Good to know.

4 Likes

It just got added with the new space stations. :slight_smile: Thanks for the clarification on ships with broken stuff @temp <3

4 Likes

RNG has shown remorse and I didn’t have to buy any ships for parts.

7 Likes