SPOILER: Starbirth (Melody of the Egg arc)

6/1/12/5/1/3/14/12/11/10/6/4
Coordinates to egg system
1-16 btw
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
What is going on ?

4 Likes
Summary

5 Likes

Living Spaceships OMG SEAN- why do you have to wait 21 hours-Myst are you incubating the egg

4 Likes

We have to wait because I am playing mommy. Must keep it warm and safe. :revolving_hearts:
I am becoming quite attached to my little egg. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Is there another event in 21 hours :timer_clock:

4 Likes

The egg needs time

Summary

20200218101825_1
20200218112046_1
20200218112026_1

So the 3 stages of the egg make sense now. Uncooked, undercooked, ready to eat? or hatch or whatever it will do.
There is a construction aspect to this mission.

4 Likes

Incubator?!-I guess more will happen on Thursday then.

4 Likes

Well, I added a pic in the above post. It looks like the nervous system and brain…to something… :grimacing:
I hope my baby egg doesn’t want me for it’s first meal.

4 Likes
5 Likes

First picture was posted to FB in the No Man’s Sky group and the second is a screencap from a video of someone on Twitter – unsure if mods or folks on the experimental build.

5 Likes

That looks like a spacewhale to me

5 Likes

SPOILER: this is how the mission unfolded for me when I entered the Egg system

Summary

20200218101825_1

coord

and here is that part that worries me, lol

Once I had the materials needed,

20200218112046_1

4 Likes

Aaand… what exactly should be happening? I’m there, got the egg with me. The planet changed color from blue to green apparently, otherwise still the same nasty ball of grass as it was.
Nothing happening, though. At all.

3 Likes

Did you go to the egg system? In your ship? In space. Not on the planet.
My daughter is following people who are still trying to get all of the portal glyphs for the egg planet. They have not even made it there yet. That may be why this is coming to 3xperimental first?

3 Likes

As @DevilinPixy pointed out in one thread, some are speeding up time to make the mission happen faster. I am not so savvy as to be able to do this, so I wait.
Perhaps this is the real deal. I really do not know.

3 Likes

I had enough hexite from one of the first multiplayer missions. So i went directly crafting it. Nice to see there was a source of hexite though…

2 Likes

Yes. I panicked for one brief moment, (that’s just how I am). Then I saw the story prompting me to a source. :smiley:

3 Likes

Answer in 24h for me… Yet been spoiled in Nexus with ‘time-cheaters or modders’. I suggest in order to avoid spoilers going inside Nexus with multiplayer disabled.

4 Likes

Ditto, @sheralmyst – looks like we may be able to “ride” an organic type SpaceWhale starship . (Or not). This is fun. It’s like a mini-ARG built into the game.

It would be nice for new players if Starbirth gets built in as a permanent selectable mission.

2 Likes

Alright, you have to fly around a bit to trigger it. Can’t believe I was actually right about that image Sean posted…
Now, where the hell do I get hexite? I remember it being handed out during some community events a long time in the past, but where do I get it now? In any case, must go sleep now…

3 Likes