Ships On Fire

The “jump ship” part is what causes me to speculate connections with the “landing-pad”.

The question would be, “Why?” — And the exact trigger - might just be out of our scope.

Edit:

But how does a pad inherit a ship value? or interaction detail? — Ship positioning? Sure!

4 Likes

Maybe the pads are mistakenly considered to be a ‘crash site’? Your guess is as good as mine.

5 Likes

This gives a whole new meaning to “Come crash at my pad.” :wink:

8 Likes

Or perhaps this is related to a memory leak, in which the freighter itself fails to forget the positioning of crashed starships on landing bays (or pads) — Or somewhere in the code a developer gave freighters the ability to remember more than they should — Or remember inaccurately under certain circumstances — Or just the ability to simply not forget what was once contained or positioned.

But @Mad-Hatter says he never owned a crashed starship in his Permadeath (PS4), and yet there are flames.

Or then… Perhaps we’re beyond the realm of crashed ships and into the realm of freighters… Entirely ?

And then we have the issue of this “appearing to” cross into other game-saves & modes…

Or could it be that it’s just a freighter bug — Perhaps related to the portion of code relating to the portion of the Main Menu &/or “user details” that is carried across game saves, and likewise modes?

Example: Presently…

Under Menu > Catelouge, I see that “Cooking Products” are carried across game-saves & modes. :page_facing_up:

Question…

If a crash-site is visited and then left, and its crashed ship is never obtained,

• Do ships burn once crash-sites are “interacted” with?

• Do ships burn regardless of ever visiting crash-sites?

4 Likes

Well technically the Radiant Pillar was a crashed ship once as I had to fix it to start a game, (as we all do). What I meant was I haven’t “salvaged” any crashed ships.

“It breaks my heart to se my RP BC1 in such a state” :grin:

6 Likes

I’m curious as to whether the new Launch Thruster Rechargers are faulty…? Warrantee issue maybe :upside_down_face:

I think you may be onto something there. Perhaps a bit of code copying was used when setting up the bigger landing bays (maybe for positioning) which accidentally included a trigger for the damage visual.
I’ve found summoning my burning ship has it arriving in normal condition but if I summon my command ship and the starships reset to on board, then they are on fire again.

I’ll just pretend they are being worked on and it’s welding flash :grin:

7 Likes
6 Likes

When you have to get to the other side of the block really, really quickly :grin:

2 Likes

I’ll just uh, put this over here with the rest of the fire

7 Likes

Good morning :coffee: my zesty ones.

Such a “burning” desire to be flown.

5 Likes

Same pattern, so far…

• 2 ships on fire :fire:
  • same landing bays
2 Likes

Yes! :plate_with_cutlery: My discovered “Cooking Products” in my v2.0 Normal are carried into my v1.5 Survival.

Is this a bug or issue, or is it intentional? :nerd_face: Anybody else experience this?

Screenshots…

v2.0 Normal

v1.5 Survival

3 Likes

It’s been fun. :fire_extinguisher: Guess, unless anything new presents, seems like…

• bad data
  • freighter landing-bays
  • specifically back-left 2
  • source: crash-site code copy/paste?
  • source: inherit across saves/modes? ← or just already in the code
  • trigger > memory leak? ← what trigger? what leak?
  • causing ships to burn in freighter under circumstance

I don’t rule out memory leak, cause something seems to be a trigger.
Why do some experience this and others not? What IF circumstance?

4 Likes

Had exactly the same problem strangely only of my 2 haulers only .

I spent at least 30 minutes checking everything thinking a module was messed up :rofl: :tired_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Fireworks for free maybe!

4 Likes

:firecracker: It is a kinda beautiful thing, :fire: perhaps we should enjoy while it last :fireworks:

Waiting on patch notes be like :boom:…

NMS concerts, hot dogs and smores - Nexus BBQ picnic - `Tis a HOT topic

5 Likes

Oooo. … a new “thing” – roast food at on-fire ships … Then turn in for mucho grande rewards (or at least a James Beard award)!

5 Likes

The behaviour is way to consistent for a memory leak. The benign kind of memory leaks just leads to a crash over time, while the worse kind usually leads to completely random behaviour and crashes (writing out of array bounds is a popular cause of these in C++).

4 Likes

If something presented as the trigger, we’d be closer to the source.

3 Likes

Odd. These ships are not Javelins, yet … They are a-Blaze. Ok, I know … 2/3 of a pun … (holding nose) … PU

7 Likes

:trophy: Cronus Ramsey Award

Credit
3 Likes