Settlement Overseer

No 2 people can’t own the same settlement. There’s a message saying this settlement is owned by another player at the Town Square. But if you’re in the same system the game does direct you to the same settlement after the distress signal which is a pain in the arse to work around.

4 Likes

I accidentally built a base on top of someone elses during a weekend event. It was very strange. Not positive but I think it can happen if someone if playing offline and then plays online. That was what I did…I mean what are the odds I chose the exact same spot but it happened. So I wonder if one of you was offline when claiming the settlement.

5 Likes

Hello there fellow Citizen Scientists. It has been a long time (and it may continue to be longer while I’m still swamped with upskilling endeavours :frowning: GREAT to see so many familiar faces, er, names) but I was hoping maybe you wonderful folk could answer a few q’s for me. I can’t seem to find the information anywhere and this thread seems to be the place to discuss Settlements.

When i booted up my most recent save, I accepted a distress signal that brought me to a settlement and I defended it from sentinels and now they want me to be their Overdude.

Am I limited to one settlement? Or can I also help build another settlement in a different system?

Also if I accept to become their overseer, can I bail on em should I change my mind?

What I’m really trying to say is… I do not want to help these people on the absolute cesspool theyve decided would be a good place to set up a new frontier.

Love you all and think about this place often, happy travels friends and interlopers <3

9 Likes

Hello! Hello @toddumptious ! So glad you are here!
As for your questions, from what I have seen and heard, I do not think you can bail. So choose wisely. As for how or if you can choose another settlement, I just don’t know. Maybe try warping to another system. My settlement is also on the storm-plagued word of my Next base. But, I soldier on…
Maybe someone else has more answers.
Hope we see you around more often! :hugs:

5 Likes

You can bail on them but it’s a bit fidgety to do so.

I got a bunch of nav data from a terminal at one of my bases and exchanged em for settlement data at the space station map guy at a rate of 5 to 1

I went to a separate system and landed on the planet I wanted the settlement on. had to mess about with selected missions a good bit to get it to work.

I put it on to new beginnings primary mission and took it off the settlers secondary mission and flicked between a few other secondaries. Then hit the settlement map chart to find a settlement.

Took a few goes messing with missions to get it to work though.

Edit: yeah 1 settlement at a time is the limit… You’ll see a message saying you’ll lose your previous one

9 Likes

Good to know. I will put a link to this in the top post

5 Likes

My experience of changing settlements was simpler than dersvr - I just flew to another planet (via a black hole), got a map from the map alien in the space station (5 nav data) and activated it in space, flew to the planet, then settlement and become overseer.

No need to shuffle missions or anything around. It might be because I flew far enough away from the original to reset things. Does it come up with an error if you try to make a new settlement other than the warning about losing the previous one?

Shame about the 1 settlement at a time limit (thanks dersvr for confirming).

6 Likes

It’s no wonder that I’m in the red with these guys just sitting around in the office all day.

9 Likes

I had similar thoughts. :grin: And I don’t like the daytime colour scheme of this planet. But then I thought it’s just “one” mission (albeit a long one), I can still search for the perfect village later. :woman_shrugging:

That is possible, since, for me, the online state goes on and off every now and then, even if all other applications are online just fine (which makes me think it’s not a network problem on my end).

5 Likes

Thank you so much dersvr :3 Have my first settlement up and running. Not a safe or happy place to be but its near my base from Expeditions Season 1 so I’m very happy about it :smiley:

Great to see this community still active and answering traveller queries like nobodys business.

I have to play the game on PC with ultra low settings but heres some photos of my first settlement :slight_smile:

Baile Teorann means Frontier Town ‘as Gaeilge’ :3 Baile (ball-ya) can also mean Home

7 Likes

So, this offer has me asking many questions…the foremost being, doughnuts in cans?

6 Likes

DOO IT!!$&! Sounds totally legit. Who hasn’t dreamed of popping cans of doughnuts? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

To “U” or not to “U,” that is the question.

• Donut
  • Don’t
4 Likes

I’m afraid things are not looking good.

plot

3 Likes

For a little over 24 hours, my settlement has been at a high sentinel alert level with a message that I need to use a teleporter to return and defend it. I have done so several times, yet the sentinels have still not attacked.

Has anyone else encountered this?

2 Likes

I’m only building my first requested blueprint from my colonists, so I cant help you with your additional question. However I am able to build just within my settlement. I just kept walking away until it let me claim from a base computer, and some of my new bases boundary overlaps the settlement.

I’m too afraid to build there just yet though but I put some stuff down and it worked, deleted it quick until my settlement at least grows a little.

I’d be plotting too if it turned out the dougnut can was all lies.

4 Likes

Just a general question:

Is everybody’s settlement set into the ground (large square crater about 20U deep), or is it just an odd occurrence in my case?

(Incidentally, I’m on a typical toxic world with average to minimal plantlife. I know some biomes react differently to certain features)

3 Likes

The two I’ve had were set on a plateau about 60ft off the ground and a 80ft cliff behind. Interesting that yours is below ground level.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Mine seems to be in a nice flat area at the bottom of a hill

However, I wonder if that is the case because on one side of the settlement I have one of the swamp trees mostly buried

While on the hilly side of town, the trees seem to be much higher than usual…you can just see them behind the building in my first pic

4 Likes