Save Conversion - Game Pass <> Steam

I created regex replace patterns with some instructions on two websites. Feel free to give it a try if you wish. Make sure to have backups of your saves!

You will need a Save Editor of your choice for the full Raw JSON data from your saves on both platforms.

Additionally you need to know your Game Pass UID, Game Pass Username, Steam64ID, and Steam Username, to be used. If you then do it correctly, either through the links, or with Notepad++, you will end up with converted full JSON save data, to overwrite the save data on a save for the new platform.

Alternatively you can use regular expression / replace patterns for Notepad++ below.

Make sure to check the β€˜regex’ tick-box and replace the following parts:
<GPUID> <GPUSERNAME> <STEAM64ID> <STEAMUSERNAME>

Game Pass to Steam (NP++)

Find what:

(?<lid>"LID": *")[0-9]*(?<uid>",\s*"UID": *")<GPUID>(?<usn>",\s*"USN": *")<GPUSERNAME>(?<ptk>",\s*"PTK": *")[A-Z]{0,2}(?<end>")

Replace with:

$+{lid}<STEAM64ID>$+{uid}<STEAM64ID>$+{usn}<STEAMUSERNAME>$+{ptk}ST$+{end}

Steam to Game Pass (NP++)

Find what:

(?<lid>"LID": *")[0-9]*(?<uid>",\s*"UID": *")<STEAM64ID>(?<usn>",\s*"USN": *")<STEAMUSERNAME>(?<ptk>",\s*"PTK": *")[A-Z]{0,2}(?<end>")

Replace with:

$+{lid}0000000000000001$+{uid}<GPUID>$+{usn}<GPUSERNAME>$+{ptk}XB$+{end}

Any questions, please ask!

4 Likes

Hi Atlas CSD community,

Bssed on above the scenario, is the Steam to Game pass conversion only for PC

Or can it be used to transfer saved game from steam to xbox.

At this point i am considering getting an xbox/console instead of a gaming laptop/pc because it costs less.

The worst is i just start a new game and grind my way through a couple of months till i gave levelled up enough . Only thing is i miss out on completed expeditions rewards etc…

3 Likes

When you get the game on Xbox, you own it on Game Pass PC as well. Using cloud sync, you can then get your saves, after conversion from Steam, from PC (Game Pass) to Xbox console. It uses one and the same MS/Xbox account.

3 Likes