S Class Megathread

The squid-ships are being a let down, beyond the first keeper, with the sick Nurgle-green colour, purple tentacle accents and black organic striping… They all seem to look exactly the same! No proc-gen at all! Even the decals get duplicated. That is so below NMS standards… Seriously, what is this…? Star Citizen?

3 Likes

Those space ships are so goergeous!

But I think I might have a problem,…
Do you find those spaceships once your approaching to the center of the universe?
Because everytime I land on a Spacestation, i’m like waiting sometimes for a long time, and no exotic ship is never ever landing… Is that ok? Should I keep approaching to the center?

Thanks citizens

I’ve found that they only rarely come to the space stations. You’ll have better luck going to a trade post on a planet.

Another thing I found, is that they only seem to come once to each POI - they usually appear within 30 minutes the first time, but I finished an entire practice session once (about 2-3 hours) without seeing a second one.

My final observation is that I have only seen one kind of exotic ship in any given system. This doesn’t mean there couldn’t be more, but since they’re so rare, if you find a ship you don’t like the look of, you’re better continue looking in the next system.

So my tip to anyone is: lurk at trade posts until you spot one. If you want it, but it has a bad inventory layout (or too few slots), go to the next trade post and wait for the next one. If you don’t like the appearance of it, move on to the next system.

You can also find random crashed exotic ships, but since they’re extremely rare, I wouldn’t recommend that approach.

7 Likes

I concur with this. I saw (as below) two in one visit to a station within the the first couple of minutes of getting there, and after having sat there for multiple hours, never saw them again (even in different play sessions)

I do not concur with this. I have seen two different types, right after one another (well, within a couple of minutes anyway) docking at a station. Just once mind.

4 Likes

Yeah, I found one like that too

5 Likes

I didn’t check stats, it was way out of my price range :frowning:

10 Likes

See? Exactly the same decals as mine… And while the tentacles look better in flight-mode, they all got the same exact configuration… Like the Omega and the starter-pod, now that I think about it… But still.

3 Likes

the NMS website seems to display a thinner tentacle version too

5 Likes

And that is the tentacle configuration they all seem to share while in flight mode… I posted the green-one, up there, on that exact same elongated shape. :frowning:

1 Like

Does anyone have coordinates to a exotic with moving wings?

ok, so it has telescopic tentacles, never thought i would use that term in my life

2 Likes

5 Likes

Thank you!

Here’s mine.

System information
Dominant Lifeform: Gek
Economy: Power Generation // Balanced
Conflict Level: Medium

Starship information
General Inventory: 17 Slots
Starship Technology: 5 Slots
Dominant Bonus: Shield (Damage +42%, Shield +55%, Hyperdrive +50%)

3 Likes

Sorry, no system info. Only the 2nd exotic I’ve seen. NO TECH SLOTS!

3 Likes

oh crap… looks unbelievable!!!

there are tech slots. it is hard to click on the “tech slots” button. should be clicking a bit to the right of the button, rather than straight on it.

1 Like

Well that’s a serious bug. I might have bought it had I seen tech slots. Thanks for the tip.

1 Like

Has anybody seen a s class (not tentacle) in a mid-green? Like grass.

I’ve inly ever seen 2 S class ships since 1.3 and they were both red