S Class Megathread

I got a beast! I think this ships are the coolest addition to NMS from 1.3!
No info on how I got it… 16-16-16… -zzkkktt- K, I cheated… I mean… I talked Emily into giving it to me…

The thrusts on this one swivel back and open up… And the two reactors at the back spin continuously…

Epic… @TimSal wins the coolest ship so far, though…

6 Likes

Here my exotic ship…so proud!

Catch them all!

16 Likes

I had to log in from work to tell you how majestic that ship is!

2 Likes

and because they look so awesome, we’re all ignoring how it would be impossible to see directly in front of you from inside the cockpit :joy:

btw…ahem HG, when can we buy these as toys?

5 Likes

So far in this thread, i see exotic ships having Hyperdrive in the range of 51…59%. Back in 1.2 days, i made large-scale hunt for highest Hyperdrive bonus S-class explorer ship, and the result of the hunt was my EV StarRunner ship with its +64% Hyperdrive and 38 slots of inventory. Its weapon bonus is practically non-existent, and shield bonus is something like 30% iirc.

I still have it, and comparing it to the above presented Exotic S-class ships, it seems to me that my ship is still overall better ship for general exploration and even fighting (because of much larger general inventory, i can install all sorts and large amount of weapon, shield and engine upgrades, all linked to primary systems in general inventory, too).

This means, if old ship classes are still present and not changed (much), one may now have best results finding a ship similar to mine: 38-slot S-class explorer with over +60% Hyperdrive, 38-slot general inventory (plus now, obviously, other inventories added).

I had no chance, so far, to personally estimate how ship classes are now, overall. It might be old (pre-1.3) ships are very valuable now, and if so, then one would be wise to be very careful about selling them away for one of those fancy Exotic types.

Yes, I’ve seen explorers with as much as 16 tech slots already, so you can pretty much fit the whole exotic ship just in the tech slots. That being said, these exotics are fairly new, and we do not yet know if they come in larger shapes. I do agree though that explorers will always be better for traveling, even if these exotics look better. (And are arguably better at combat.)

2 Likes

The ventral wing splits in half and folds up, Star Wars-style!

4 Likes

Thank you! :slight_smile: But I think ekult and ewerk had similar ships to mine first that have that cool nose pitot, which makes their’s cooler.

I just had an identical ship with better stats stop by my restaurant, and I immediately bought it. They seem to spawn a lot; I’ve seen 5 fly over while puttering around my old planet. If you have the glyphs available, you can find the address in the Portal Address thread and grab one for yourself. (Restaurant At The End Of The Universe)

1 Like

Might have to do a pit-stop there… Been hearing great things about the place!
I really like that vertical to horizontal “E-wing” configuration better than any! Plus it’s red, which goes fastah, as any ork could tell you…

LOL…

3 Likes

You’re comparing manipulated ships to things you can actually get ingame now? Also, by putting hyperdrives in your tech slots, you’re not getting maximum synergy. ^^

1 Like

Oh, the old stigma against us witches, wizards and warlocks… No surprise! Well, take my hellbent word for what it is… but that golden deathly orb is the exact translation of my 1.3 S-class science ship’s seed to experimental class… I only tweaked the number of slots… Aaaand that crazy amount of resources and credits, of course. Sooo… That thing is out there. With those stats. I am just not that lucky to having even realized being close to an experimental yet… But “spoiled” by the sight of this beauties up there, I had to get me one. Whatever the cost for my immortal soul.
For the perfect synergies… I need to have the"dismantle core tech mod" being updated, so I can move them all where they really belong… I need the room more than the bonus!

This was her science shell, in all her pink and yellow awesomeness… But not a golden masterpiece! How could I resist… With just sliding a drop-down menu…

3 Likes

Talking of witchcraft… If you own an exotic on pc, you should really try the new 3rd. person view mod.
[url=https://imgflip.com/gif/1ucb8h][/url][url=https://imgflip.com/gifgenerator]via Imgflip GIF Maker[/url]
I can only imagine one like TimSal’s…

8 Likes

If you ever wondered how they look when crashed ; )

14 slots, found in a bad economy system…

11 Likes

Those squid ships… I’m in love!
The tentacles morph in-flight…

Cool fact!!
By glitching the exiting animation, “thanks” to the 3rd. Person mod, you get to check the inside of the exotic ships…
They have the screens inactive, and I’m missing some cool holographic hexagon pattern as it deactivates… “Flight of the Navigator” flashbacks… This game brings that a lot!
So they almost had an exclusive, exotic ship-interior done, but in the end went with generic scientist, for time-management issues, most likely. Here’s hope for an official (or otherwise) revisit of that…
via Imgflip GIF Maker

7 Likes

I did not expect the squid ship to fly that way around, would have expected the opposite direction.

2 Likes

If the top canopy did rotate, that configuration could really work, visually… Or maybe the tentacles rotating back, due to the notorious thruster.

1 Like

Exactly :wink: Now it just seems off.

Yea, they’re kinda off. But it’s kinda cool, I’ve not seen those ingame yet. Something more to explore ^^

I have found a ship very similar to @Epitaph 's one, will send screenshot and details in a few hours.
And here is the ship:

System information
Dominant Lifeform: Gek
Economy: Industrial // Promising
Conflict Level: Relaxed

Starship information
General Inventory: 13 Slots
Starship Technology: 5 Slots
Bonuses: Hyperdrive 60%, Shield 59%, Damage 40%

10 Likes

Nice going with the thread!

Finally found a ship with the look I want. Not the right color, but otherwise great! I named it Tadpole I
Filled all the slots with technology, but I feel it’s not a big problem with 25 cargo slots in the main inventory…

System information
Dominant Lifeform: Korvax
Economy: Ore Extraction // Flourishing
Conflict Level: Trivial

Starship information
General Inventory: 18 slots
Starship Technology: 5 slots
Dominant Bonus: Shield

9 Likes