Refiners emptying

I have a base with 5 refiners.

I loaded each refiner with 9999 carbon, to convert to condensed carbon. I left the refiners running, and teleported to another planet to set up another base.

When I came back, around an hour later, all 5 refiners were empty. :angry:

10 Likes

Guests took them?

4 Likes

Wasn’t this an issue once before? Report it

5 Likes

Have you turned off the option to share refiner contents? I think it defaults to on, upon start up.

…& yes, this used to be an issue on freighters, where leaving the area lost you the contents.

5 Likes

All my multiplayer and sharing options are set to “off”. Visitors shouldn’t even be able to see my bases, let alone interact with them.

I remember this was an issue with the old gas / oxygen harvesters, back in the day. You couldn’t leave them unattended, or the contents would randomly disappear - but I’ve never seen it happen with refiners before. I must assume this is a newly introduced “feature”.

I will report it to ZenDesk.

7 Likes

Created a new topic for this bug discussion.

The issue with refiners has been around for years. More prevalent on freighters than on planetary bases for some reason. The issue is sadly enough not limited to multiplayer either. Some report seeing resources that disappeared before, mysteriously make a return at times as well. Would love to see this bug fixed once and for all.

4 Likes

I opened ZenDesk tickets for these. In my save, all refiners and harvesters are broken. It seems if you move far enough away from them, the game unloads them I assume, and then return after some time, they return to a default, empty state. Resource hoppers are empty, even if previous full/filling, and fuel hoppers are empty.

It’s made it rough to craft some things; especially items that need gas as there is no longer a reliable way to gather them.

I’d love to see an update titled “Stability”, where is just a massive list of bug fixes and the content is just a collection of base stickers in the form of squashed cosmic horrors.

7 Likes

:+1: I second the motion

6 Likes

Experimental fix…maybe
Fixed an issue that caused refiner contents to be lost when warping out of a freighter.

7 Likes

Looks like someone went by your base and just helped itself… not very friendly !

4 Likes

As I’ve said earlier, all my multiplayer and sharing options are set to “off”. My bases shouldn’t even be visible to other players, let alone lootable.

It only happens when I leave the planetary system - which suggests to me that something is not saving properly. Similar problems have been encountered in the past with the gas harvesters, and with refiners on freighters. I have never seen the problem with refiners in a base located on a planet, which further suggests to me that this is a new problem, introduced by the latest update.

I have reported it to ZenDesk.

4 Likes

Let other players know if NMS has responded to your message and solved the problem. I had a similar issue on one of my freighters.

Enjoy the game my fellow traveller !

6 Likes

Funny enough, shortly after I posted this I realized that the base-bound gas harvesters were a source of gas. I built a few on a planet;got oxygen. I can confirm though that they are solid; no issues with lost resources.

The patch that was pushed out seems to have fixed the lost resources from the freighter harvesters, though now it seems some of them need to be accessed directly before they start collecting.

4 Likes