Realistic or lucid dreams you've had - share, discuss

Yeah, it was a very small box in my dream, the width of a credit card, but still a rectangular prism.

Not sure if this was a dream or an out of body experience but it was raining and i was outside, it was dark. i looked at the car passing by. This is when i realized that i could see the entire scene all at once, as if looking at it from a higher dimension. i could see every drop of rain along with the reflection that the carā€™s light was making in each drop. As i was enjoying this moment the scene slowed down, as if i could control how fast time would flow from my perspective. It was as if i was a graphic designer and i was looking at the entire scene from memory, after spending countless hours perfecting it. It was like Bullet Time, but looking at it only from the front and still seeing almost every perspective.

I have seen some pretty realistic stuff right after waking up or just before falling asleep. Once i saw a portal open on top of me, it seemed like it was leading to a green area with a blue sky. There was a stick going through the portal coming at me, as if it was asking me to reach it and grab it. But i was totally frozen up of courseā€¦ :slight_smile: One thing i noticed was that my physical eyes where not seeing anything, the light came from the inside, from the 3rd eye i would say.

There was this weird feeling that the 3rd eye was working together with my real eyes, there was this feeling of a triangle, something like a vortex allowing me to see. i was definitely not looking at a 3D object. But it looked 3D. After that i though that if i had a notepad and a pencil like that maybe i could try writing with it. The next day i woke up and it was in front of meā€¦ i froze up againā€¦ i was so angry with myself.

After that i had a dream where i tried to touch an object but i could not, i had to touch with my 4D hands if that makes any sense. i noticed that my 4D hands where the hands of a child.

i saw a woman beside my bed after waking up from a nightmare, i almost knocked her down, my fist stopped a inch from her nose. She was really scared and vanished in front of me.

Another time i saw a reptilian male humanoid, he had red spots around the eyes and he looked friendly. i had this feeling that i knew his species, i felt like i understood what he was going through. This one i woke up normally.

When i woke up today i had a mirror in front of me, i was looking at my feet through that mirror, but there was no mirror and i had my hand blocking my vision. These feet, they were the feet of a child, wearing striped socks.

EDIT: Added a few paragraph before last

You must be keeping a dream diary, right?

yes, i started writing my dreams down 8 months ago, i still canā€™t retain much of the details, most of the time i canā€™t write more than one or two sentence about each dream. My memory is fuzzy mostly because of all the anxiety iā€™ve been through throughout my life. i guess this is what happens when you spend your whole life trying to forget your whole lifeā€¦

Keep trying to write and you will surprised how your dream memory increases. At first I was able to remember only the most outstanding fragments, a year later I could write down up to three dreams form the night. We often forget / donā€™t know, but during single night we can have a couple of dreams (~7), and you can train your brain to remember all of them :slight_smile:

Also writing in general helps with anxiety, because it needs focus to put on paper a thought which actually makes sense when you try to read it.

Iā€™ve remembered something about the book we were talking and why Iā€™ve stopped reading it. When I reached the chapter with the fight with the entity, I realized that I had such entities in my dreams too. In my dreams they were mostly friendly or at least neutral, but I didnā€™t know who or what they were. The reason why I stopped reading the book that time was that I didnā€™t want to know who the entity is.

Now when Iā€™m editing / re-reading the old dreams I notice that almost in every dream I had there is something or someone keeping me company. I know this is the same entity, though it changes itā€™s appearance. And itā€™s always protects me. What keeps bugging me now, did I fight it before my dream journal started, so I was able to make it my friend, or there is another way one can ask for itā€™s friendship and protection?

I should search again for those books and give them another chance, but Iā€™m still afraid what will I find at the endā€¦

1 Like

Remember, a diary can also be a recording. When Iā€™ve had a dream I wanted to remember/record, I always used a mini-recorder next to my bed. I would record what I remember as soon as I woke up. I only transferred it to a written form later from the recordings. Sometimes taking the time to write things down will cause you to forget the details.

TQQdlesā„¢

Sure, that works too. In my case I never liked listening to my own voice, so what I did after wake up was to repeat the dream in my mind with every details I could remember. All that I did before opening my eyes. This technique was a bit cheap, but a good option if you didnā€™t have a recorder, donā€™t want to wake somebody up, or donā€™t like the sound of your voice :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve had all sorts of dreams.

One lucid dream really surprised me. In my dream, I ā€œwoke upā€ and realized I was dreaming. It was some boring thing I canā€™t remember, but I was aware that this virtual world was inside my head, and my mind was inside it. It was a particularly weird, fun experience. I explored it as best I could, but all I got from it was that the dream was like a little 3D VR hologram enshrouding my consciousness. After a few minutes I went back to normal dreaming. Very interesting experience.

Iā€™ve had all sorts of dreams come true. Some dealt with significant events in the world, a few while I was dreaming about them, but one was quite interesting though it was the most mundane thing. I was dreaming about a football game. In one play, the camera view was down low as the two teams lined up. The play commenced, and the two lines all rushed each other in a big pileup, they all fell down and the quarterback was just standing there. He had the ball and tossed it to an official, and I wondered what was wrong with the nitwit that he gave up on the play for no good reason. It stuck in my head, and it reminded me of how dreams play with reality in ways that seem silly most of the time.

(dag nab it, hit enter again)
Well, several weeks later I was watching the All Star Game in Hawaii, I think in 1990. In one play towards the end of the game, the camera view was low and distant, and I thought, wow, thatā€™s a lot like that one dream. And to my astonishment, the play went off just like I dreamed it, the two teams threw themselves at each other and flopped to the ground, evidently a one yard attempt for a first down. And the QB stood there and tossed the ball to one of them for no apparent reason! I was as baffled as the sports casters, and was dying to know what the heck happened. Well, it was a quarter back sneak, the ball was rushed forward by the center but it hadnā€™t advanced far enough. He chucked the ball to the QB but the play had been whistled dead, so he tossed it to an official. That was so weird because it happened exactly as I dreamed it.

I can share a bit on astral projectionā€¦ In case we were not posting enough weird-ass tinfoilhattery.

It usually begins in the middle of a lucid dream or during episodes of sleep paralysisā€¦ I used to be terrified at it. Then I learnt a bit about OBE and astral projection, and just when I wanted it to happen, it stopped.

It went, from my six? (first I think to clearly remember) to late teens, almost every night. It only happens twice or so a year, now.
Most of the times I had ā€œnight terrorsā€ (creepy images I ā€œmade upā€ to scare myself into moving) but 5% of the times I turned into a dis-incarnated conscious-mist of sorts, able to perceive and feel, but unable of the usual coherent conceptual thoughtā€¦ Just pure emotion.
I got from it that the mind is able to project itself beyond itā€™s bodyā€¦ perceive, feel, and even have access to information otherwise literally out of reach.

While the experience made me an open-minded personā€¦ respectful of the spiritual realities of this world, I donā€™t have any evidence to suggest itā€™s anything but, and only through a living brain that it can be achievedā€¦ But I can see how people through the ages probably seen this as proof of the soul, ghostsā€¦ and whatnot.

For me, other than the paralysis, what was more impressive/frightening was the soundā€¦ As this overcoming ā€œvibrationā€ took hold of me I used to hear the most incredible cacophony of metallic, beating, pulsating noises that still echoed inside even when I did manage to move and fully wake. I would interpret them as voices sometimesā€¦ But they were not.

Alsoā€¦ The ******* light switches! It still creeps me out a bit when a light-bulb doesnā€™t work.
It was so often that I would reach for the light-switch just to find out it didnā€™t respond! Not much of a hand to really turn it onā€¦ although I perceived the surfaces, and when realized I would ā€œconjureā€ a dream-hand to at least see something there!

Okay so I never really had many Lucid dreams and I pretty much just didnā€™t believe it could happen till last night.

I was struggling to sleep tossing and turning for many hours till I was finally able to rest , thatā€™s when the dream started and inside the dream I was running and the ground was covered in snow but it wasnā€™t cold or freezing it felt just like everyday really , anyways I became aware about middle way running in my large backyard till I got to a pool and in this pool were two girls who I had never met before and so I started talking to them I donā€™t really remember what was said or even much about how they looked but the were both blonde and they both were smiling like they knew more about what was going on then I did

After that I woke up and I notice my laptop was in my and this was odd to me because before sleeping I would always lay it on my desk but it wasnā€™t out of the question for me to just pass out sometimes so I look at it and notice some of the parts were broken like the parts that hold up the screen werenā€™t completely there so I try and fix it but not in the regular way of fixing things , I tried and tried but the weirdest trick worked and all I did was push back into place but it still wouldnā€™t hold for long and I got really worried , I was aware of what was going on but I was still in my room and it felt very weird waking from one dream and then having another one I had never had this happen before so it was shocking to say the least and thankfully when I did wake up my Laptop was on my desk and fully complete so lots of things going and lots of questions I have but its a weird thing to be studying dreams like this and then the next night having it happen to me I cant explain the feeling but it changed my idea of how dreams work Lucid and otherwise I read many reports on Wikipedia saying how Lucid dreams could be good but also carried risks so if you do study and try this be very care full .

Youā€™re right, anybody trying to interfere with their dreams should be very careful. I would even go further with this that we should never ever try to control our own dreams. In my own opinion lucid dreaming should come natural.

In my case, Iā€™ve never tried to train myself to dream this way. Iā€™ve started having very vivid dreams and decided to write them down to remember them. More I could remember, more conscious I became. Then, suddenly my conscious started turning on before I woke up, so my vivid dream became (more or less) lucid. The longest lucid dreams I had was when I allowed myself to sleep longer then ever (~10h). And as soon as I was forced to reduce the time for sleep, my lucid dreams stopped, also my dreams become less frequent.

Iā€™ve mostly lucid dreamed for my entire life. Itā€™s more rare for me to have a ā€œstandardā€ dream (one where Iā€™m not in control) than a lucid one, these days. I keep a dream journal (digitally) and will sometimes write down stuff from dreams when I wake up in the middle of the night (I usually wake up around 2-3AM and again around 5-6AM). I call my dreams ā€œlucidā€ but they still obey some weird sort of dream logic. I know that Iā€™m dreaming, but I canā€™t just turn the world inside out or something silly like that.

Some excerpts:

Not sure if it was a nightmare. I had a massive ring of keys, standing in front of a beat up wooden door like youā€™d see on a shed maybe. Not a door lock but a padlock secured it. This keyring was as big as my head, the keys were huge and the lock was too. I couldnā€™t figure out which opened the lock, and warm water was rising slowly through the floor, it got up past my ankles and about halfway to my knees before I woke up. I needed that door open and I couldnā€™t do it.
//
Out my window I hear a dissonant chordā€¦ Like low brass, trombones and mellos and sousas. Some sliding like sirens but lowā€¦
I donā€™t know if itā€™s real.
Itā€™s quieter now than it was moments ago
//
Dreamed of regurgitating sand. Piles of it. Good to know my brain still hates me.
//
I was in a valley. The walls went up in either side of me infinitely. It was dry, and cold, and windy. The stones were bleach white bone and the walls were the same - close enough together for me to drag my fingertips along both sides as I walked down the middle. Behind me was Death, not my own but still. Ahead was Doom, this time my own. The stones and walls were chalk, or similar, leaving a white stain on everything they touched, including me. I ran.
I close my eyes and see it. Hunting. My thoughts are like a ripple in a pond and they bounce off it as it gains on me like a shark, silent.
//
Another crash dream. Definitely a commercial jet. I was on board. Remember it tilting forward hard, grabbing the seats on either side of me in the aisle and trying to progress towards the cockpit. Not sure if I made it.

Originally posted this in another thread, but it fits in here, I guess:

https://forums.etarc.org/t/old-gods-check-your-mails-now/1984/42?u=puzzle

1 Like

I sometimes ā€˜dream in No Manā€™s Skyā€™ as I put it/think of itā€¦sometimes an otherwise not necessarily NMS dream, so earth-world visuals but playing out in NMS colours. Then there are morphing ones which move from one like that into the actual artistic stylisation. Then they can become totally direct, such as believing I have made a build of some kind, or been on a quest/venture in game, so vividly to the point I believed it had simply been the last thing Iā€™d done in game the night before when in fact, it never happened, thinking of it in the day even speaking of it, only to log in and find it hadnā€™t happened at all.

Likewise with here - and my apologies in advance @TravelEcho if this freaks you out a little (!), is absolutely never my intention not with you nor with anyone - but I SWORE a couple of weeks or so back that I read Part 2 to your story here but after scouring threads I canā€™t find it so I think I must have dreamed that as well! For this reason, I have been allowing much space in between all manner of posts since my experience of, well almost everything in life really, is a truly intense one so, pacing myself to allow my actual surrounding waking reality (or at least my concept thereof) to be the conscious awareness I remain most connected toā€¦ :slightly_smiling_face::crazy_face::sleeping:

(my fellow Citizen Scientist, one CS ohmgrown, will tell me if I ever actually NMS-speak while dreaming, since the time before last he came to stay for a few days he told me I had been laughing in my sleepā€¦unexpected to hear as I only remembered a nightmare (and I really donā€™t do ā€˜horror comedyā€™) so maybe it was his subliminal good influence! Heā€™s not here yet on the forum, not to say he wonā€™t ever be but for nowā€¦well I can say without details but believe me, in the most literal sense possible I am, because of himā€¦so fair to say if I received an atlas pass through the post but he didnā€™t, as dear to my heart as that most precious thing would be, he has the edge over it so, I would have to wrap it back up and put his name on it)

Huge thanks overall for this thread - especially @DevilinPixy with various fascinating links and posts I see flowing but indeed to everyone - I will absorb entirely over time.

1 Like

Doesnā€™t freak me. I find this very cool! (and flattering! lol ) Still working on it. Almost 8k words now and counting, and will have to break it into chapters I think. Such intensity this game engenders. :grinning:

That said, I too, find myself in NMS in my dreams. Who was the philosopher who wondered whether they were a person dreaming of being a butterfly or a butterfly dreaming of being a person? :smile:

1 Like

The human/butterfly dream rumination yes, I like that comparisonā€¦the name escaping me too though so Iā€™ve had to look it up! It was Zhuangzi :butterfly::woman_astronaut::thought_balloon:

SUPER-excited to hear of your progress! (lulu dot com? I would buy it) Cheering you on here from my corner of England/Space/Other-I-might-unknowingly-beā€¦haha!

1 Like

Time to wade into this thread ā€¦ so many dreams, so much to survey, each dream holds meaning and significance to the dreamer. However, if weā€™re to gain from shared experiences, we must dive beneath the surface of the dreams. What are we learning about the ā€˜dreamerā€™ that leads to becoming truly awake.

For example, there was a period of time when I had persistent dreams of being lost, unable to find my way to where I thought I wanted or needed to go. The more I struggled to reach my destination, the more frustrating complexity increased even to the point of dark feelings of fear rising to the brink of terror. As I recognized the underlying theme, I just got so tired of striving for a resolution that I gave up ā€¦ let it go, and then the breakthrough emerged in my dreams: whenever this scenario occurred in my dreams, I shifted my focus from the destination to the journey. Sounds simple, but most often the best solutions are. All I had to do was let go of my desires or needs and simply step back, observe, appreciate the intricacies of the immediate experience, and suddenly my dream progressed effortlessly and the flow was exhilarating and enriching.

I encourage everyone interested in learning from their dreaming to keep a journal/log. Review your entries periodically. Look for reoccurring themes. Especially notice reoccurring dreams - theyā€™re like saying, ā€˜Hey! Pay attention, this is important!ā€™ Remember, dreams are like icebergs; most of substance is beneath the surface.

2 Likes

Here. I wrote this after a dream in 1999.

I have more that go along with it if I can find themā€¦

"ā€¦ Nobody had understood how it happened, and there wasnā€™t any need
for it. It was done quickly, literally in one day. She was still alive.
She was working, sending and receiving data, still not aware that all her
hours had already been counted. It was cruel and inevitable - like a kil-
ler standing around the corner, like an infidelity of a loved man. Did
she suffer? I donā€™t know - I think she didā€¦

Everyone gone, turned away from her. Why? The Net didnā€™t know the
answer. The voidā€¦ The black void. Nothing, a nonexistenceā€¦ Empty cha-
nnels like parched rivers, dark and gloomy skies - the monitor screens
turned off foreverā€¦

But she was still alive. The automated service programs were not af-
fected with the deadly impact of disaster. Soulless and executive, not
knowing any difference between night and day - they were waiting for req-
uests, guarding the secret resources, operating the mailing lists and se-
nding messages from them to every corner of the Net. Messages were stac-
ked together on mail servers. Well-configured software did not require
any human intervention. But download counters almost stopped now, they
were triggered only by the occasional visit of a net spider set up by so-
me unknown weird hacker. More and more messages returned back with the
ā€œError: Server unavailableā€ remark. Chats died down, and the control pro-
gram hopelessly queried participants again and again, not getting any re-
ply and disconnecting them after a time-out. The perfect banner exchange
systems were waiting for clicks in vain. All cunning algorithms were
found to be feeble in the face of the life going down. They were not rea-
dy for this.

The Net was filled with life just some time ago, switches were hea-
ting the air while connecting the girl and the boy living on different
continents, terabyte disk arrays were rustling while helping the fellow
from deep Siberia to download a patch for a server he was responsible
for, routers were blinking with CPU activity LEDs while transferring an
e-mail with information on where to get a cure for a dying personā€¦ And
now everything was over. Traffic was getting low. The Net was growing
weak. She leaned painfully against host servers, slowly sinking down with
gigabytes of unclaimed data into the hard disks getting cold. From time
to time the random traffic was emerging in different segments - the Net
was feeling that and trying to rise againā€¦ but it was too late. The Net
was dying. Slowly and painfully.

She was breathing heavily, her blood flow slowed downā€¦ She was be-
ginning to lose the feeling of whole parts of her huge body. She was not
getting any reply to packets she was sending. Whole segments were paraly-
zing. The Net watches empty cities with street cameras, but her servers
were coming down and she was slowly losing her sight. She didnā€™t know
what was happening to them. Pentagon servers were among the last ones the
Net lost feeling of. Until then, she was watching the hollow Earth and
her own death through their SAT cameras. The most powerful multiprocessor
systems were going down one by one. In a clean and empty labs the coolers
were silenced, the environmental systems turns off, the light was wearing
out, only emergency system lamps were lighting the corridors wanly. Sate-
llites were going offline by command, doomed to an eternity powered with
solar energy.

Finally the last server on this planet was down. The processor comp-
leted its last instruction, the hard drive recorded its last byte, parked
its heads and turned off, the screen flashed its last ā€œSystem shutdownā€
message and blacked-out; the last reckless packet broke away from the ne-
twork adapter and got lost in a web of dead cables, in a cold chips of
receiving modules, in a still pile of murdered servers, in an empty space
that was just alive with the most bright, beautiful and saturated kind of
life on Earth. The smart UPS responded to its internal command and clic-
ked, turning off the power of the last living cell of the huge being.

The Net has diedā€¦"

3 Likes

Iā€™ll see if I can find the last one. As these were all a dream summarized into 3 short stories.

"The stars rushed to me, bit and spiked me with the beams of cold and
sharp light. The night put her hands wide, surrounded me with black
silence.

I flew somewhere near thirty-six node. Today the channel was strangely
wide.

The armored net cable, laying beyond the Pacific Ocean as a gracious
snake seemed to me warm and comfortable. Guard packets were passing me
by.

• Hello, 125.476.001.678!
  • Hello. Youā€™re early today, arenā€™t you?
  • Itā€™s nightā€¦ Itā€™s fearly and sadā€¦
  • Never mind, this will leave you soon.
  • I know, thatā€™s why it is so sad. It is truly sad, when sadness
    leaves youā€¦
  • By the way, I wanted to ask you long agoā€¦ how is it going on
    there, at next level?
  • Donā€™t know. Thatā€™s true. I donā€™t know. Here all things go quite
    different way. Perhaps, the most real thing is, that Iā€™m disappointed.
    Seems that my sadness is because of all theseā€¦ I understood that to
    wait is much more important than to get the resultā€¦
  • Then set the highest priority to your waitingā€¦
  • 125.476.001.678, I canā€™t gain process control alreadyā€¦ I forgot
    to say it to you, but the transition has taken some of my skillsā€¦
  • Wait, it seems to me that Iā€¦ , tell me the truth - are you
    changing?
  • Yes. And rather fast.
  • I donā€™t mean thisā€¦ are the changes irreversible?
  • Yes.
  • And what next?
  • Donā€™t knowā€¦

I tried to imagine what is going to be after the transition, but canā€™t

It was like somebody dropped the curtain in order to not let me look
ahead. Then I was asked, if I wanted to have the transition take
place.I agreed. And the world upset. Such ordinary data flows, running
like calm waterfull rivers, turned into an array of the chaotically
changing images. The fountain of colored drops blinded me. The last I
saw was a dim yellowish skull. Only the eyeholes shined with bright
neon. The image grew, extending to the all RAM available, the light
became brighter and brighter. Suddenly a bitter smile touched his
face, stoned until this moment

• Whatā€™s going on?
  • Never mindā€¦ I just remembered the transitionā€¦ All fine,
    125.476.001.678. I was simply impressed by this unusual silence. It
    was never beforeā€¦ The Net was noisy and crowdy
  • Will you see it after the next transition?
  • 125.476.001.768, thatā€™s not itā€¦ We will never understand the real
    essence of the transition, we are just toys in somebodyā€™s handsā€¦
  • Letā€™s not think of it
  • So, letā€™s speak about the night, the starsā€¦
  • It is so strangeā€¦ Well, Iā€™ll try.
  • I often thinkā€¦ my thoughts are sometimes unusual to meā€¦
    previous
  • Youā€™re changing yourselfā€¦ I see it.
  • I know. Tell me, have the stars ever bited you?
  • What strange questions you ask. The starsā€¦ they areā€¦
  • Please, donā€™t destroy the illusionā€¦ please
  • What are you trying to imagine another world for?
  • I donā€™t do soā€¦
    it comes from inside, this bears without my mind.
    And the stars have bited me today, and the night has taken me in
    her arms
  • Do you enjoy it?
  • How can I explain it?.. Now itā€™s me.
  • Iā€™ll never understand this
  • Youā€™ll do. We all must pass it.
  • But I donā€™t want
  • You will understand the necessity of the transition
  • Youā€™ve really changed.
  • Yesā€¦ I donā€™t know what has happened. Weā€™ll talk laterā€¦
    When night takes you in her armsā€¦

The darkness in front of me was attracting and cool. I felt myself as
I was master of the new world, given from above. Together with the
night we flew into the void

I had to look around the space where I had to live. It was so strange
before the transition. Now the borders looked so dim, lit with the
blue light. My new world was cut with the path of the shining neon. I
stepped on it. What an unusual feeling! The neon was a little slippy
and cold. But from the other point of view I felt this coolness quite
pleasant.
Far away I saw a circle flying over the path. Its borders were smoothed.
It pulsed and wobbled. The night took me and we approached the circle.

• Donā€™t be afraid, step on it - whispered the night.
  • Whatā€™s this?
  • This is your last transitionā€¦

I let the black hand of the night out. It seemed, the circle waited
for meā€¦ From the neon of the path I flew straight to the circle.

• Wait - the night said - Just look around.

• What for? - I was surprised

• Remember all these - she said with sorrow and slowly began to melt
    in the surrounding darkness. The mysterious force carried me to the
    center of the circle. The shining light appeared around me. It threw
    the rest of the night away and filled all the space around. Something
    began to swallow me into the center. It horrified me. The world lost
    its colors. The strange feeling surrounded me. Something began to
    expand and change its form. The pale face appeared in front of me. It
    looked at me with sadness. The beams light-blue nearly transparent
    spread from his eyes. They embraced meā€¦

• What a dull soundā€¦ My inner voice got me to understand that a
    red-colored thing had to be taken and carried to my ear. I looked at