Realistic or lucid dreams you've had - share, discuss

You seem to be in my time zone :wink:

Will be writing more here as soon as possible.

Good night everyone.

2 Likes

When you mentioned Don Juan being an Indian, now Iā€™m pretty sure we both talking about the same books. I was ~25yo when a friend gave me one to read and I wasnā€™t ready for them then so I could finish the one Iā€™ve got. Maybe one day I will try to find them somewhere and start againā€¦

Thank you! Now I wonā€™t forget :slight_smile:

Same time zone here as well, although I have a really awkward schedule being the night owl I love to be. Woke up at 10pm today, so only just getting started pretty much :wink: I am in the same time zone though.

Gā€™night

1 Like

Night owl here too, but if I donā€™t go to bed now I wonā€™t be there till 6AMā€¦

Good night to all!

1 Like

Kept hitting enter. This is something that fascinates me. To be candid, the following is a fun Tin Foil life theory I often throw around after an exceptional dream/trip/hullunation/meditation :stuck_out_tongue:

This is a great idea! A little background on my exxperiences. Iā€™ve read into Lucid Dreams and Astral Projection thanks in part to a 2 year Psychology course in High school. As a kid I always found it fascinating that so many people experienced these phenomena. I am no stranger to interesting happenings that I just canā€™t explain, be it fanciful imagination or something far more mysterious. I used to maintain dream logs, which is why I can even remember half of them. But still, I remain a healthy skeptic, but I canā€™t help but attempt sometimes due to my own experiences. Afterall, the church decried Science, and science has decried shamanism. What if they all came together for a change, and shared tools. Take what you will with a grain of salt, as this is the internet, and believe only what you want. These are my experiences and I am just sharing :slight_smile:

Once when I was 7, I was sleeping and what I can only imagine to be around midnight, I remember vividly hearing my mom call my name to "Come upstairs now!'. My brother and I shared a room, and he slept like a rock, so I sleepily walked up the stairs, expecting to be scolded for being awake or leaving dishes out or something. When I got upstairs, the lights were all off, except the front foyer. My baby sister was not in her crib, and my parents were not in their room. Mom and Dadā€™s shoes were gone, and by time I decided to look out the window, they had pulled up. It turns out, they had gone to the high school to watch the fire department put out the fire some teens had caused. Smalltown excitement.

Normally my lucid dreams are fairly fun. They usually are about me walking around familiar side streets, and when I cross the street, I take a jump step, so it ends up ā€œfeelingā€ like I am floating through some sort of molasses. I attribute this to a practise I have adopted, which is to touch my finger tips to each other while saying Index, Middle, ring, Pinky, Ring, Middle, Index , Middleā€¦ an so on. I have had nightmares, in which there have been monster sized arachnids in all of the cupboards and closets. Dreaming of the small being much larger, the little red mites become Crimson Behemoths. Only to wake up to 8 legs manuevering through a forest of chest hair. Gross AF I know :\ but some form of intuition.

I often try to stay awake long experience the Hypnagogic State, which can be a terrible time for most, it can come with Sleep Paralysis, and Night Terrors. I have been fortunate not to experience either. I will either lie awake, and breathe dep and imagine my different body parts. This is something I learned through my Drama class in high school, and it now available as a form of meditation from the app Calm (not a plug, but its very cool!) or I will imagine a spinning bright ball, descending for 100-0 and trying to stay focused the whole time. At a certain point, and it usually comes with a ā€œbubbleā€ of light going around me, likely from engaging the muscles of those regions, and I hear a tear or a pop, and it goes like a indigo/purple colour. During this time, there can be intense hallucinations, or maybe dreams (I dont know if I am in REM sleep or if it is similar to the hallucination from isolation chambers, more on that later). There are moments in this state, that you can feel your body move about, which is Astral Projection. Unfortunately, I canā€™t say Iā€™ve done this by my own will, and I canā€™t say whether it was a hallucination or not. Iā€™ve luckily had similar experiences while being wide awake in an isolation chamber. But, whoā€™s to say this reality I experience is not an ā€œAlternateā€ one, that has been picked up through our radio brain!

What if the minute things we see and smell are just heavy memoriesā€¦ or could they be temporary accesses to a sliver of another dimension :D. Smelling a flowershop without one around, seeing ghostly apparitions out of the corner of your eye, dreaming about the day in full, hearing your mother calling you upstairs when she isnā€™t even home. There is more to talk about, including using shamanistic medicines, the chemical DMT and frequencies but the length is a bit much already. I love imagining the brain as some sort of receiver, and if able to be in tune into other receivers. Next up will be an entry on 4 experiences. My first controlled experience, which is my drama class experience. An absolutely incredible lucid dream I had, which was a dream in a dream. A slightly scary experience when I was 14. And my 2nd float experience.

ā€œImagination will often carry us to worlds that never wer. But without it, we would go nowhere.ā€
-Carl Sagan

Most realisatic dream everā€¦
My bed ended wet!
ĀÆ\ _(惄) _/ĀÆ

I once dreamed I stood on the moon Io and Jupiter hovered large over the horizon. I was in awe and I explored the surface.

It seemed real. I remember it often, like a defining experience. I miss it.

Hey guys, if you would like to get into lucid dreaming please go to r/luciddreaming and have a look around there. It really is a great experience having lucid dreams and vivid dreams.

2 Likes

Not sure if this is considered a lucid dream or realistic dream or not, but I usually have very faint recollections of my dreams. The clearest one I can remember, and one of the darkest, would be me in a room with couches and sofas soft to the touch. They surrounded a square table, and on those sofas were people whose faces I couldnā€™t see but that I recognized somehow. After weā€™d chatted for what seemed like a few brief seconds, they started crawling up to me, grabbing and tearing and clawing. The rest of it is rather grotesque, but it involves human flesh in human mouths. Iā€™m not sure how I didnā€™t scream, but simply woke from that dream as though it were nothing. Thinking about it again has made me realize how screwed up that dream was.

A recurring dream I have had throughout my life involves me driving a car. Even when I was too young to drive, I would often dream of driving around the neighborhood I lived in. In one dream, my mom stopped in the middle of the highway, jumped out and ran away, and I was forced to get behind the wheel and drive before an oncoming semi-truck slammed into us.

Now that I am old enough to drive, I still have driving related dreams. They are usually about being unable to stop as I approach a red light, despite the fact that I am slamming my foot on the brake.

I would consider all of these dreams to be nightmares, because in all of them I was very afraid of crashing or not knowing what to do.

There was a time when I was really into dreaming. I kept a journal and it helped tremendously to make me remember my dreams better. I have lousy memory in general and Iā€™m a night owl always sleep-depriving myselfā€¦ These days I rarely achieve lucidity because I lack the self discipline to get up early and dream journal; it all hinges on that.

But dreams are the mystery hiding in plain sight, perhaps the greatest untapped resource in all of humanityā€¦ Access to our deepest selves and limitless exploration. Just days ago I had one where I could fly like Superman and the feeling was literally breathtaking, euphoric. It felt so real. In the dream I had all these problems; I was alone, living in a crappy apartment, my car had problems and my bills were unpaidā€¦ But I could just blast off into the sky and hover way above the city, above it all. The problems of life still weighed on me somehow, kept me from feeling as free as I actually wasā€¦I think this is the real life character flaw my mind was trying to tell me to fly away from :wink:

Anyway I think its awesome this ARG is delving into lucid dreaming. I hope there are more connections with it, and Iā€™ve enjoyed reading peopleā€™s thoughts on this.

1 Like

Iā€™ve had one: I was standing on a tall freeway when a massive earthquake occured, and I escaped to the ground just when the freeway collapsed. When I turned my head, I saw a beach, and made the connection that there would probably be a huge tsunami. I then tried to get people around the beach to evacuate, but no one would leave, they all just stood still, mystified at the incoming waveā€¦ Realizing this, I just fled on my own.

Iā€™ve been keeping a dream journal for ~15 years (with a few short and longer breaks). As youā€™ve said it helps to remember and give a chance to go back. Iā€™ve started re-reading my dreams a year ago, trying to tag them, find patterns. Iā€™m not done yet (half the way), but each dream gives me an insight of who I was and am, they teach me now like they thought me back then, though on a different level. Itā€™s an amazing journey to be able to go back and relive our dreams, especially after those years.

My last years dreams are mostly nightmares, and none of the good ones have any comparison to the complexity and depth of the best from the old times. The reason is most probably the way my life turned out to be, and I do wish sometimes I could come back to what it used to be and dream like a child again. My childhood wasnā€™t the best one either, but my dreams recompensed everything, almost like they were an alternative version of my life. Sometimes I think that our mind tries to ease itself by dreaming, or maybe there is just some fairness in this simulation that allows people with not so great lives to have at least great dreams :wink:

Dreams fascinated humans from the beginning, you can find them in Bible, in movies, books, games, just about in every aspect of our life. And we still havenā€™t found any good answer for what they are, and why. I personally believe they could be our echoes, of our past lives, or others that we just stumble upon on in our sleep. And since the history likes to repeat itself, we can find knowledge in them, about ourselves, future of our planet or our own life.

Dreams inspired many before us and will continue to do so. And sometimes I wonder, was NMS a dream of Sean he had many years ago and decided to make it real?

Good luck with you life! I do hope we both, at least, get more cool dreams, if we canā€™t have a decent life :wink: :smile:

2 Likes

Well, good for you :smile:

I had many dreams about flood, huge tsunamis, but in my case at least some of the Earth population survived. Iā€™ve seen the Earth after that disaster too. People were swimming in a clean water above flooded mega cities, huge trees were rising above the water, giving us shelter, feeding us. It was paradise, in some way. Unfortunately the water wiped out hundreds of years of knowledge about technology, we had to go back to a stone age. Still, our mind was different, we had different priorites, since so few of us survived, no wars, no conflicts, no money and wealth to race for.

1 Like

I do hope someone from NMS staff is reading this thread, because all of your stories, the way we try to explain what we experience in dreams, is just mind-blowing :boom:

Keep them coming!

1 Like

I had a dream just before I woke up this morning that I got an Atlas Lv4 Pass in the mail. I went and bought a Playstation camera so I could make an unboxing video of it. It was very vivid and realistic, and is exactly what I have been planning to do if I win one. I hope it was a premonition.

1 Like

What did the v4 pass do in your dream?

I never got the box open. I wanted to show the label with Hello Gamesā€™ address on it but the label fell off and it became a nightmare of trying to find the label and freaking out about it until I woke up.

1 Like

Heh, typical dream situation, you get obsessed over one detail and it totally sucks you away from the more important thing. I was hoping youā€™d say the Atlas Pass did something crazy like when you get into an elevator it would let you access impossible floors like level 5 of a two story building, or level 1.5 between the floors.

Judging from the size in the photo, I think it will arrive in a small envelope.