Does the ARG Affect Your Real Life?

During the last part of the ARG, during the discussion on lucid dreams, and I believe, because of the puzzles we were working on at that time, I found myself having some of the most vivid dreams I have experienced.
This time around is no different. I awoke from a really good nights sleep to find a pic of the W/ARE device on my desktop. I am sure I am responsible but, I don’t know how it happened. My first thought was, ‘Did I make any money? If so, where is my account?’ Then I got in my car, turned on XM and heard, “Sleep with one eye open, grippin’ your pillow tight.” Enter The Sandman. So I ran some errands, got back in the car, changed to 40’s music just to notice they were playing 'Stardreams…I know this is all silly. However, working parts of our brains we may not ordinarily work can cause some interesting things to happen. If nothing else, I notice things pertaining to sleep and dreams more than I usually would.
Does the ARG have an affect on you?

8 Likes

It sounds familiar. That what you focus on seems to pop up in many a way . You are more alert when you are in a kind of flow. I always had this when I wanted for instance to make a labyrinth in nature. I had a picture in my head and while on a walk suddenly found the right ingredients to make it right before me.
Everytime I have an idea that excites me, I encounter clues, whether it is in a paper or outside, just doing an errand, the right ingredients always pop up lol

6 Likes

Because of Waking Titan, I am now a strong believer in the Simulation Hypothesis, though I have integrated it in with my pre-existing religious beliefs, because it supports, with scientific evidence, that our universe was intelligently designed.

Here is the video mainly responsible for convincing me; someone posted it here during the first Waking Titan:

8 Likes

Um, yeah … right now, thanks to the things going down on WT and Discord, I am getting deprivated of my sleep.

Well, I only need my sleep to work early tomorrow morning, so it’s fine … I guess … :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Sleep? What’s that? (It’s currently 3:25 AM here)

4 Likes

It’s already 9:29 back here in Switzerland! The hype is coming… slowely… but surely ! :artificial_satellite:

4 Likes

I’ve been here a while, doing the arg ect. and the simple short answer is yes. I’ve been waiting a while to make my first post. Well here it is.

6 Likes

When things heat up I hardly sleep and after a few days that catches up with you. With so many timezones going on, this site always has some chat happening. It’s hard to resist checking in in the middle of the night. :grin:

Had some funny instances of dreaming NMS combined with regular dreams.

With my wife playing NMS as well, we have a running joke where occasionally we randomly point to critters or trees and say ‘units recieved’.
Birds are a favourite.

3 Likes

Your brain takes in so much information at a subconscious level. And the brain is perfect for making connections…

4 Likes

Does the ARG Affect Your Real Life?

我没有注意到任何改变

7 Likes

@TouriStarr Your reply actually made me laugh out loud. Brilliant.

5 Likes

Excellent :smiley:

Does the ARG affect my RL ? Nooooo… last summer i followed a hamster in a maze on Twich, like i use to do everydauy.

Anomaly detected.

5 Likes

I’m noticing far more aliens around my neighbourhood than usual.

3 Likes

Did you see korvax at a pub too ?

9 Likes

I think you should defrag your mind. Use this with stereo headphones

4 Likes

Thanks! I now feel like a 500baud modem that can’t find the IPX. :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Parts of the current version of ARG got me worried.

1. The announcement of Hello Games and Tencent creating a partnership to bring NMS to China and possibly other mobile platforms. I was worried because other game studios have had partnerships with Asian tech companies and have been thoroughly screwed by the Asian partner…and I don’t want to see it happen to Hello Games!
  2. That the W/ARE $1000 offer was going to divide this community between those who are creating legit software and everyone else. But I see that the majority have rightfully determined that the $1000 will be in some other form than a check to the winner(s).

I just found out that Tencent is in a partnership with Wizards of the Coast and Tencent is seeking partnerships with other software/game companies. So, yeah, #1 is also nothing to be worried about for me now. http://company.wizards.com/article/press/wizards-coast-and-tencent-announce-partnership-bring-magic-gathering-arena-and-future

TQQdles™

2 Likes