Real Time Pandemic Tracker

Just had it recently (for the second time). The fever is not that uncommon for me (I can run 40 degree C even from a common cold, my body just seems to overreact a bit whenever there’s foreign invasion). It resisted medication somewhat more to come down though, so I had to throw in the strong stuff. Then there was a couple days at lower temperatures, and of course everything tasted like crap during those days, which was kind of the most annoying.
The significant difference to a flu for me was that I was a lot more strung out when it had finally passed and I needed a week to really get all my strength back.

4 Likes

My fever is resisting as well. Keeping cold drinks nearby and rotating tylenol and motrin but, the chills have calmed down. The pain in my face from congestion is my worst symptom right now.

4 Likes

OMG…everyone I know is testing positive…this crap never ends.
At least my fever has come down from a high of 103 F to 100 F

5 Likes

I do wish people would test before hanging out with friends. And their friends test, too. In my mind it isn’t worth the possible bad consequences. :face_holding_back_tears:

That said I think people are bone tired of having to work around this virus and just want to get back to getting on with their lives. And now they have the excuse of the government backing off which can be loosely interpreted as “ok it isn’t serious anymore”.

3 Likes

I find that many still have not grasped how varied the symptoms can be, in fact, almost non-existant in some cases. We have a rule(me and my friends) of testing and staying home 5 days if we know or think we have been exposed, unfortunately, the tests don’t seem to work on day 1. It takes a few days to register. It’s a tough situation.

4 Likes

Flying to another state for a 3-family Christmas last year, but it made me nervous. As it is, my wife and I both came down with a bad cold. My respiratory issues (late-night coughing) didn’t completely go away till early March! Sigh. It wasn’t COVID, but traveling with a plane full of strangers, nearly all unmasked, is a risk I don’t like. Social pressure gets to you, though.

4 Likes

Tylenol has not worked. 2 Motrin/ibuprophen, do. Stood in a hot shower last night and massaged my sinuses and the glands on both sides of the neck under the jaws. The pain has been so bad. It really helped a lot. This morning they seem to have started the process of clearing. But now, my throat is killing me.
I feel good enough to slowly begin the sanitization of the entire house but I will take it slow and repeat it. It brings me joy to beat this virus to the gates of hell.

6 Likes

Some very good points in here that people should be aware of.

giphy

If I mutate this thing, I vow to the world, it will NOT leave my house. I am burning my kleenex and washing and masking to feed my outside animals. My inside cat never goes out. I will eliminate all contaminates if I have to burn my house down. :sweat_smile:
Also, folding tables need to be larger

6 Likes

Hang in there. I applaud your determination not to spread the virus.

5 Likes

Thanks for posting that report! I’ve passed it on to friends and family. :heart:

I’m glad you have found a very good distraction from the illness! Hope it quickly leaves you well and thriving.

3 Likes

I will post this too. I massaged my face and jawline and it did relieve a lot of pain but, I woke up with no voice and my throat feeling enflamed and tight. So I did a proper lymphatic massage. And as soon as I finished, I had my voice back.

I have adjusted the top post to contain the CDC quarantine calculator

3 Likes

My temp is holding at 99F… :crossed_fingers: and I have not taken anything and it is 7 pm…(fever usually rises when the sun goes down)

Edit: 11:11pm…101.2F…bad sore throat…but my head seems to be clearing. Days 4-7 are generally the crucial days of covid…

6 Likes

No fever so I woke at 11pm and began the process of scrubbing, washing, sanitizing…
I have no sense of smell or taste whatsoever… :neutral_face::expressionless:

5 Likes

A frog in a hammock inside its hollowed out log home, bursting with earthy tones. A grey scaled deathray beam and purple on white with neon pink shocks of lightning arcing across a grey colored background. The colors seeping into that background to vanish into a clear jelly like mass. These are just a very few of the images that shoot thru my brain when I close my eyes to sleep.
Every inhaled breath sends a request and receives back scents from long ago. Things not smelled in a lifetime. It is like my brain has become a giant slot machine with no way of knowing what will turn up in the slots. I have never been good at playing the odds. I hope pizza doesn’t end up smelling like dirty socks… :sweat_smile:
I know they have seen that covid shrinks the brain. It seems healthy brains bounce back and recover. Not so healthy brains go into early dementia…I hope mine is healthy enough to recoop…
This is definitely the most bizarre experience of my life. I have never used illegal drugs but I imagine this must not be far off from the experience. :scream:

Side note: watching my cat closely. During the Alpha phase, he showed signs of extreme fatigue like I did. So far this time, which must be Omicron,he shows no signs of any sickness. Maybe we humans have twisted this thing so much, it can no longer jump back. Or maybe animals build a better resistance.

And I have now entered a coughing phase

5 Likes

My wife had it in 2020 I think (Has it been that long?) And her sense of smell is still nowhere, she doesn’t like the taste of chocolate anymore (as a Belgian, that’s bad - Swiss chocolate is nowhere near as good :wink: ) but she still eats it.

4 Likes

Something for US people to know.
Biden ended emergency covid measures. That means emergency use drugs such as the antiviral for covid, is NO LONGER AVAILABLE(ok my friend who.has been sick with me says, Nurse Practioners can no longer prescribe it but an actual Dr can)
3 more people I know just tested positive. One has asthma. The hospital had nothing they could give her.
Good God above…4 more people I know just tested positive.
No. I have not been around them…stop looking at me :sweat_smile: but the other girl who also got sick on Tuesday, was with 1 of those people the next day. So the day before she and I had symptoms. Apparently, our driver on Tuesday told no one she was not feeling well…

5 Likes

:pray::pray:4 u. I hope I can escape such “experiences.”

2 Likes

I thought that was supposed to happen mid-May. Hopefully someone in the government(s) will realise we still need the protection since the virus keeps evolving.

1 Like

Picked up a steroid today to calm my sinuses. Still have not regained all taste and smell but it does seem to be improving.
Today, I slept and slept and slept. I am weak and a little dizzy when I stand but I was unable to eat much during the fever. I seem to be recovered from the virus itself. Now to see what damage it may have done…
The other girl who got sick the same day I did, was able to get Paxlovid. But she developed a blistered rash on her arms and stopped taking them. Now her fever has returned…

4 Likes

I’m so glad to hear you are on the mend! :heart:

Recovery from some of these illnesses can take some time, unfortunately.

2 Likes