I have posted this in one of the threads and decided, that it might be more helpful for others, if I post it here as separate topic as well.
Step by step instruction, which I use to reach destination fairly quickly:
general preparation and setting waypoint:
- collect as many glyphs and warp cells as you can.
- portal to the target system.
- go to the discoveries and click and hold on a desired system to set custom waypoint.
- portal home.
black hole roulette preparation:
- find and jump to nearby system with a black hole (completing atlas path helps to make those systems visible on the galaxy map).
- create planetary save point for backup purposes.
- summon your freighter near a black hole and create space save point (if you do not have one - go to the space station in the same system and create second save point there) - for convenience of jumping to black hole after reloads.
black hole roulette jumping:
- jump into blackhole
- check your distance towards custom check point on the galaxy map
- are you happy with the light years remaining towards destination?
10a) no, reload current latest save on freighter/space station and go to #8
10b) yes, proceed to the next section
final warping towards destination:
- if you have several ships - choose the one which has warp drive with most upgrades installed (ideally s-class freighter with all upgrades)
- open galaxy map and choose custom waypoint
- align start and end points of the path in one dot (straight line, if looking from aside) on the center of the screen
- press shift and fly fast forward, until you see “too far for jump”
- now slowly fly back and warp to whatever system you like, which is on the edge of your warp drive capabilities
- have you arrived to your destination?
16a) no, go to #12
16b) yes, I have arrived to my destination!