PS5 controller and PC issue

Well, it may finally be time for a new PC with high end graphics card. The Mac update caused a crash when trying to run the game.

I cleaned up temporary files and made sue I had the latest NVIDIA drivers. Still no luck.

I finally was able to play but only by lowering all graphics settings to the minimum. I had already upgraded once. Now the game is forcing another expensive upgrade. Sigh.

No Man’s Sky is the primary game I play, so cost per hour is going to skyrocket. I’m sure I’ll like the resulting graphics a lot, but the cash layout aggravates me.

3 Likes

I would wait a little while. There are a lot of bug reports going in - I expect a patch fairly soon. That might fix it.

5 Likes

Anyone else use a PS5 controller on PC(steam)? Force feedback on the triggers is not working on mine since today.

4 Likes

You might consider a PS5. It looks really good and runs well. They are easier to find now. Got mine thru Amazon.
But also, wait til they iron out some bugs

2 Likes

Hey this seems to happen any time there is a patch or hotfix, fixes itself when theres a major update.

It has not been working since a hotfix was put out shortly after interceptor launched, then it began working when the mac version launched, and immediately stopped once the first patch went out

No idea why, always wonder if its a classification thing with sony or something, but I miss my haptic triggers on pc </3

4 Likes

Well, my beefed up PC is 10 years old, so even though it’s fine now, I planned to replace it this year. I’ve replaced the power supply once already and I am periodically backing up key files, folders, and settings to an external HD as a safety measure.

I tend to be frugal due my early years with low income parents. I never though of us as poor at the time, but…

4 Likes

I hear ya! Same here. We never lacked anything but I also never asked for anything. Started saving early. Buying a combo at Sonic seems like a waste of money. My hamburgers taste way better anyway. Once in a while though, I splurge on something that I know I will get a lot out of. I am loving the PS5 for games and to stream Disney+ thru. NMS starts so fast…my PC takes forever! But PC does still look better(more detail)(but not by much)…and then there’s the mods…and save editor…

5 Likes

That’s one of the most profound things I’ve discovered as I got older. I was born in the immediate post-war period, in a northern English industrial city. The country was bankrupt after the war, everywhere had been bombed to hell, and the government was focused on re-establishing the class privileges that had existed in the 1930s. In the area where I lived, everyone was pretty much the same in terms of income and living standards.

It wasn’t really until I was in my 20s that I discovered my upbringing was not typical of the rest of the country, or of other countries. I never thought of my family as poor, because we were no poorer than the people around us.

For all that, I still find it difficult to throw out anything that might be useful. Even though it never is.

5 Likes

There seems to be a setting now that specifically mentions haptic-feedback on the triggers, but it randomly disappears or does nothing. I love the little wobble on the right trigger when you take off and hope it comes back.

3 Likes

And see, I worked hard to turn it off on PS5 :laughing: but I have never noticed it on PC but I use an XBox controller so I guess it is PS specific. Have you reported it to zendesk?

4 Likes

Thanks for the reminder :slight_smile:

4 Likes

When I reported my Xbox controller issue, HG responded that day asking for some controller files and it was patched 2 days later

4 Likes

It’s just haptic triggers support for the Dual sense I believe but maybe it works for the new Xbox controllers too (I actually don’t know what the new Xbox is. Xbox one? Xbox series x? I feel like there’s another new one I’m forgetting…)

I like to have it on for mining, it prevents me from getting too trigger happy when nearing an overheat and accidentally giving myself a c-c-c-combo breaker.

I also like that little engine splutter the trigger does when I take off :two_hearts:

4 Likes

Really!? They must really like you! Next time I report a bug I’ll use your name :laughing:
Anyway, all reported so hopefully they’ll fix it soon.

4 Likes