Prepping for the Beyond

Ive taken down the most part of my bases and collected a bunch of salvaged tech, been lookin over all my inventorys just too see what i have and what i might have any use of in {-B e y o n d-}… but im also gonna start a new save…again, so im not sure why im even try to prepare :wink: My VR set is all plugged in n ready to go. Bring in the the rideable fauna! Choo choo!!

6 Likes

Exactly :grinning:

3 Likes

I still have images of my haulers and storage in prep for Next turns out it was 99% pointless :smiley:

7 Likes

I still kept my atlas stones. Those went up in value.

8 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: What Is A Logic Gate?

Moved Logic Gates to a new thread.

4 Likes

Couldn’t resist jumping back on & getting my inventories a bit more organised & more similarly organised between saves. Bit of general house keeping & another wander around to take lots of reference photos.
Managed a bit of ‘play’ time in my partial playthrough & acquired a couple more suit slots plus a couple of modules/tech upgrades.
Again saved to USB in case of :hole: :scream:

So much is unknown with an NMS update; We have no idea what will happen to all our bases & tech. Could be wiped. Could be mildly altered.
It’s like preparing for yet another galactic apocalypse! (Atlas Rises).
I found it amusing after NEXT dropped & we were soon finding Salvaged Technology as buried artifacts. It was like a zillion years had jumped in one download. Planets had all changed again & even my Legacy base was sort of ruined, with mud & grass strewn throughout. I think there was even something subtle in the new lore that embraced this concept. Good fun but nerve wracking too if you had a big hour save.

Really getting excited but also quite nervous as to what will befall my various characters.
What legacy will they leave behind this time?
:no_mouth:

9 Likes

Here is all the prepping I need. One shiny new controller. Atlas Red. I am ready! :smiley:

8 Likes

Just playing as normal and waiting for Wednesday! Hoping for lots of new stuff for us explorers! For me personally, I want more extreme and interesting terrain and weather and much more variation in flora/fauna.

8 Likes

I am planning for a fresh start to initially experience Beyond to the fullest. Only then will I decide what to do with my backed up saves. Being on PC gives me options to consider later :wink:

6 Likes

I guess I could get a new mouse on which the right button isn’t broken, but I’d also have to swap the keyboard then, since they’re a pair, so… nah, as long as that button still works half of the time, I’ll be fine.

7 Likes

Thanks for the reminder when it comes to ‘broken mouse’. My middle mouse button had given up on me long time ago. Luckily I have quite a few extra mouse buttons, so I just assigned another (on the side). I actually got myself replacement ‘tactile switches’, but not been bothered to actually fix it just yet. Might be something to consider before the update and likely wishing to re-assign those extra buttons. I have grown so used to this new button, I had totally forgotten about it… until now :rofl:

6 Likes

I’m going to be chilling in the Anomaly with Polo and Nada, crossing my fingers my single day one save file doesn’t bite the dust.

6 Likes

I’m planning a fresh start after logging into my previous saves to see what changed :wink:

5 Likes

I think this will be my strategy as well.

I will start my day 1 save and play until I run into game-breaking bugs. This is so I can send along the information to Zendesk and know what to look for with the patch notes. (Not to say that the update couldn’t be perfect, but chances are…)

I will then try my save I started while waiting out the bug fixes for Next. I think this one has a good chance of working well enough from the release.

Once I have played through the new features with a worked-up account to get the gist of the bugs, I will start a new play-through to truly digest the new features.

5 Likes

Although useful to know if it works or not, I am scared doing so. If something is wrong, I know I will investigate and most likely try to fix it instead of actually getting to play.

6 Likes

Still waiting … waiting … waiting

3 Likes

No steam yet?

2 Likes

Not here (UK). Waiting…

3 Likes

Had to break her down and move to my brothers house :roll_eyes: Waiting here(US) as well…

3 Likes